Evening & Weekend MBA Program
Berkeley Innovative Leader Development (BILD) Graduation Requirement
BILD is the curriculum and set of organizing themes through which Haas develops and delivers its innovative leaders. Beginning with the incoming class of August 2010, there are 2 required BILD courses as part of your graduation requirement. They are:
- EW296 – Problem Finding, Problem Solving (1 unit)
- A BILD experiential learning course
EW296, Problem Finding, Problem Solving:
- This is a 1-unit pre/co-requisite to the BILD experiential learning courses.
- Students are required to complete this course by the end of your second year in the program.
- We will run a separate enrollment process for Problem Finding, Problem Solving (PF/PS) after the end of the bidding period. Because of the pre/co-requisite of PF/PS for the BILD experiential learning courses, priority enrollment into this course will be given to those that are enrolled in one of the BILD experiential learning courses at the end of bidding, to ensure that they will be able to fulfill the PF/PS requirement.
BILD Experiential Learning Course: Students are required to complete a BILD experiential learning course before graduation. The following courses will fulfill the BILD experiential learning elective requirement*:
- EW217, Cleantech to Market
- EW267, Designing and Marketing New Products
- EW292C, Coporate CSR and Consulting Projects
- EW292S, Social Sector Solutions
- EW295T, Lean Launch Pad
- EW296, Haas@Work
- Additional BILD experiential learning courses will be offered in future semesters
*NOTE: Begining with January 2013, the Mid Program Academic Retreat (MPAR) will serve to satisfy the experiential learning course requirement for all EWMBA students.
More information will follow at the start of bidding cycle for each subsequent term.
Refer to the BILD website for more details.