Evening & Weekend MBA Program

Transfers of Unit Credit toward the MBA Degree


Note: This policy is for current students only. We do not accept transfer units for incoming students.

Unit credit from Non-UC institutions

A master's student may transfer up to 4 semester units or 6 quarter units of course work completed as a graduate student at another institution. The units must be equivalent to courses in the student's graduate program at Berkeley, and the student must have received at least a B in the course(s) and have a grade-point average of at least 3.3 at both Berkeley and the other institution. However, students cannot use units from another institution to satisfy the minimum unit requirement in 200 series courses or the minimum academic residence requirement. In addition, they may not present course work previously used to satisfy requirements for another degree program at Berkeley or at another in another insitution.

Unit credit from another UC campus

The Graduate Division may approve credit for more than 4 semester or 6 quarter units of 200-level courses completed on another UC campus, and will review requests on an individual basis.

For more information please refer to the UC Berkeley Graduate Division website by clicking HERE. If you are interested in this option please reach out to the EWMBA Director of Academic Affairs.