Graduation Checklist - Class of 2017
April (December Graduates)
- If needed, participate in Summer Registration and/or Fall Add/Drop to complete your class schedule. Please refer to the Registration Timeline for dates.
- For students completing their graduation requirements in Summer or Fall, check your transcript and current schedule to ensure you have met your graduation requirements. A good tool is the MBA Program Advising Form.
- For students completing their graduation requirements in Spring, be sure to participate in Fall Add/Drop and check your unit count for your remaining semesters.
December (December Graduates)
- If needed, participate in Spring Add/Drop to complete your class schedule. Please refer to the Registration Timeline for the Add/Drop schedule.
- Deadline for Spring semester fees is January 15.
- Plan to attend Commencement at the Hearst Greek Theater in Berkeley (Friday, May 19th at 2:00PM). Tickets are required for the ceremony, but you may invite an unlimited number of guests. More information on ticketing will be forthcoming. A reception will follow; please see commencement details for more details about reception tickets.
- Check your transcript and current schedule to ensure you have met your graduation requirements. A good tool is the MBA Program Advising & Adjustment Form.
- Finish entering your community service hours in the Haas Student Directory in order to be eligible for recognition as a Beyond Yourself Fellow for completion of 60 or more hours of community service during your time at Haas. Submission deadline will be in mid April (exact date TBD).
Order your cap & gown for the commencement ceremony, or pick it up from the student store. (More instructions on the Commencement web page)
- Complete the 2017 Commencement Survey (coming soon) (name for program, vote for the student speaker, reception guest count). Be on the look for an email with this information.
- Complete your Student Satisfaction Study survey (coming soon). Be on the look out for an email with this information.
Attend a Loan Repayment Workshop in-person or via webinar with the Haas Financial Aid Office. This is mandatory for international students who have borrowed a no-cosigner loan. (An upcoming email will provide dates and details.)
- Confirm mailing address in CalCentral. Diplomas will be mailed automatically (see below).
- Set-up email forwarding
- Set-up email forwarding for your @haas.berkeley.edu or @berkeley.edu email accounts. View instructions here. Need Help? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Update your Job Information and report your offers in BEARS (the Berkeley Employment & Reporting System).
Go to CareerNet > CMG BEARS (on the upper left corner of the Dashboard). Before you leave, let us know about promotions and/or job changes you've made since entering the program. Employment data helps Haas and classmates understand the transitions that are possible. Employment/offer data is strictly confidential and only published in aggregate.
- Log in to CareerNet, click on BEARS.
- Enter your current job info and any promotions or job offers received since entering the program.
- Pick up your Alumni Relations Grad Pack and Commencement and Reception Tickets at the EWMBA Program Office.
- Tickets are needed for the ceremony but you may invite an unlimited number of guests. Seating for the ceremony is general admission. Please remember to tell your guests that the Greek Theatre is an outdoor amphitheatre and to plan appropriately.
- Reception tickets: You may enter the reception for free by wearing your cap and gown. Each student will be given two free reception tickets for guests. You may invite as many additional guests as you wish for a cost of $5 each.
Resources after Graduation
bConnected Applications (bMail, bDrive, Box, etc)
To claim the @berkeley.edu account via the @cal Alumni Network, graduates will continue to have access to all bConnected applications. Alumni will also retain unlimited file storage on bDrive and access to Box. Alumni may be asked to renew their @cal account once every 5 years. The long term policy is still being drafted. It is recommended that you back-up all of your files on bDrive.
Instructions available on the Haas Technology Solutions page “Before Leaving Haas.”
bCourses access is connected with the CalNet ID, which is active until 9 months upon graduation. However, some professors have set their courses to expire after a certain amount of time, eg. at the end of the semester. Therefore, students should download the materials they wish to refer to now.
If alumni do not wish to continue logging into bMail, they have the option to set up @berkeley/@mba email forwarding.
Students' CalNet ID is in active status until 9 months after graduation, when it will then transition to alumni status.
Once CalNet converts to alumni status, one can still login to CalCentral, but only services available for alumni will be usable.
Career Management Resources
Alumni will have access to alumni career resources, including MBA CareerNet, workshops and events, and advising.
Graduates should update their job information and report offers in BEARS (the Berkeley Employment & Reporting System). Go to CareerNet > CMG BEARS (on the upper left corner of the Dashboard) and input promotions and/or job changes made since entering the program. Employment/offer data is strictly confidential and only published in aggregate.
The Haas login will expire 3 months after graduation. Graduates will have access to the Haas Computer Lab through September 30th.
The degree conferral process takes about 2-3 months.For December graduates, the transcript will state the degree conferral date in March. Diplomas will be mailed out in April.
For May graduates, the transcript will state the degree conferral date in August. Diplomas will be mailed out in September.
Once conferred, the degree will be automatically mailed, free of charge, to the address supplied by students on CalCentral.
If students did not enter a diploma mailing address in CalCentral, the Registrar will mail the diploma to the home address. For more information, please visit Diplomas & Graduation.
**Students must check the billing summary and address any remaining balance by December or May. Any unpaid fees will impact the degree conferral.
Long Business Library
Remote access to library databases is available through the end of the semester in which the student graduates.
With Cal Alumni membership
, graduates may borrow books from any UC library, though, it does NOT give remote access to databases. Many databases may be used on the public computers in the library on a walk-in basis. Due to licensing limitations, a number of business databases are for current students only.
Please be sure to return all books checked out from the library. Any questions, please contact: email@example.com, 510-643-0528.
Student accounts remain active unless the user specifically requests to have it deleted. Graduates will be able to login locally to study.net
after graduation using their registered email account. Prior to Fall 2017, student accounts use students’ @mba email address. After Fall 2017, accounts use students’ @berkeley.edu email address. Content that is visible within study.net
will be removed about 90-120 days after the end of the semester or sooner if the faculty owner removes it. It is recommended to download all study.net
materials to refer to in the future.