Evening & Weekend MBA Program
Finance - Investment Banking
Career Overview: Investment Banking is an umbrella term for a range of activities: underwriting, selling, and trading securities (stocks and bonds); providing financial advisory services, such as mergers and acquisition advice; and managing assets.
Competencies: Excellent financial and analytical ability including demonstrated knowledge of negotiation strategies, financial modeling, conducting due diligence, SWOT analysis, and valuation techniques and practices (including cash-flow analysis). Well-developed organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and presentation skills. Ability to develop and maintain productive client relationships, and respond to shifting priorities on several simultaneous projects. Willingness to work long hours, as well as personal flexibility and adaptability, in order to meet client requirements.
- EWMBA 217 Game Theory
- EWMBA 222 Financial Information Analysis
- EWMBA 223 Corporate Financial Reporting
- EWMBA 231 Corporate Financial Management
- EWMBA 232 Money Markets and Financial Institutions
- EWMBA 233 Investments
- EWMBA 236E Mergers and Acquisitions
- EWMBA 236F Behavioral Finance
- EWMBA 236G Designing Financial Models that Work
- EWMBA 237 Financial Statement Modeling
- EWMBA 254 Power & Politics
- EWMBA 252 Negotiations
- EWMBA 262 Strategic Brand Management
- EWMBA 269 Pricing
- EWMBA 283 Real Estate Financing
- EWMBA 295B Venture Capital and Private Equity
Please note that these courses are not necessarily offered every semester or every year.
Useful Extracurricular Activities:
- Joining the Haas Finance Club
- Networking with others (students, alumni, guest speakers, etc.) to really understand the industry