Evening & Weekend MBA Program
Career Overview: Property managers maintain investment property, overseeing everyday operations, whether it's a commercial, industrial, or residential building. Developers and asset managers invest in and improve land to create a supply of real estate that they anticipate will meet the needs of a population's commercial and residential endeavors.
Competencies: Analysis, underwriting, and due diligence of prospective land acquisitions. Manage development of projects from site proposal through construction to start date. Prepare and evaluate project timelines, pro-forma P&L, and investment analysis. Manage the entitlement process from budget approval through start of construction. Process all entitlements through the appropriate government agencies. Gain both internal and external agreement through effective verbal and written communication. Act as the primary point of client contact during project lifecycle. Strong organizational, visual, creative, and leadership skills. Ability to work on multiple projects at one time.
- EWMBA 222 Financial Information Analysis
- EWMBA 231 Corporate Financial Management
- EWMBA 232 Money Markets and Financial Institutions
- EWMBA 233 Investments
- EWMBA 252 Negotiations
- EWMBA 280 Real Estate
- EWMBA 283 Real Estate Financing
- EWMBA 284 Real Estate Strategy
Please note that these courses are not necessarily offered every semester or every year.
Useful Extracurricular Activities:
- Joining the Berkeley Real Estate Club
- Participating in real estate challenges and competitions
- Networking with others (students, alumni, guest speakers, etc.) to really understand the industry