We do have a financing option for International Students that does not require a co-signer, credit history, or income. Lenders were selected based on their ability to make loans at reasonable rates for a population of students ineligible for Federal Loans, who did not have access to a U.S. Co-signer or an SSN, and based on the ability of the school to share in the risk and make these options possible.
Please note the borrowing capacity for the Elements Financial Loan is $50,000 for the class entering March 2015. Though borrowing limits on the “risk-share” loans for international students are revisited every year, we expect the borrowing limit for your class to remain at $50,000. Please also note, students are not responsible for making loan payments while enrolled in at least 6 units or during the grace period (which commences after graduation, or after dropping below 6 units). Funds for the class entering 2015 will be disbursed in quarters, one quarter per term (spring 2015, summer 2015, fall 2015, winter 2016).
2015-2016 Elements Financial (Formerly the Eli Lilly Custom Grad Loan Program)
- Maximum: $12,500 per term
- 3% Fee, added to the principal
- Prime + 3.5% interest rate (6.75% as of June 2, 2015)
- 6 month Grace Period
- 20-25 year repayment options, No pre-payment penalties
- Visa documentation is required. Our office will facilitate this process.
- 0.25% interest rate reduction for auto-debit payments when in repayment period
To apply for funds, go to the Eli Lilly FCU Loan Program website for Haas Students and click on "Apply Now/Draw Request".