Types of Benefits
The Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) website provides extensive details on the education benefits available to veterans in various statuses, such as vocational/rehabilitation, the Post 9/11 GI Bill, and active duty.
The Haas School of Business, as part of the public University of California system, is one of the few top ranked MBA programs in the country that is able to benefit from the expanded Post 9/11 Benefits signed into law in January 2011. Depending on length of qualifying service, veterans can obtain:
- Funding for up to 100% fees
- A monthly housing allowance
- An annual book stipend up to $1,000
Check out the VA's Benefits Calculator to learn more details about the amounts available to you.
Overview of Process
After admission to the program:
- Consider applying for our various Haas scholarships.
- Confirm your offer of admission, Statement of Intent to Register (SIR).
- Request your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA Office.
- Submit your COE to the university VA Benefits administrator. Complete any supplemental steps as requested by the university.
- Ultimately, benefits covering fees will be disbursed to the university when you start your program. Housing allowances and book allowances are disbursed directly to the student.
Michael Cooper, VA Benefits Specialist
Office of the Registrar, 120 Sproul Hall
Ph (510) 642-1591, Fax (510) 643-4222