Holly Schroth is a Senior Lecturer and Distinguished Teaching Fellow at the Haas
School of Business, University of California, Berkeley.
She teaches Negotiations and Conflict Resolution and Organizational Behavior in the MBA, Undergraduate and Executive Education programs. She has won several awards from MBA and undergraduate students for teaching excellence and was voted “favorite professor” by a BusinessWeek online poll of undergraduates across the United States.
In addition to teaching, she is a trainer, consultant and keynote speaker on negotiation and leadership issues to a variety of organizations in the United States and abroad including:
- Technology and Communication: Adobe, Adroll, AMD, Apple, Applied Materials, Avaya, Cadence, Cisco, DCG systems, Dropbox, Google, Hotwire Travel Ticker, IBM, Indiegogo, Intel, Kabam, Lam Research, Lantronix, NetApp, Netskope, Norton—Symantec, Nuance Communications, Oclaro, Paypal, Proofpoint, Relate IQ, Quantcast, Samsung, SanDisk, Sybase, Solon, T—Mobile, Twilio, YouTube, Vimpelcom, Wikimedia, Workday, Xerox, Yelp
- Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences: Bio—Rad, Genentech, Gilead, Novartis, Roche, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
- Financial Services and Consulting: Charles Schwab, Deloitte, Ernst and Young, First Bank, Franklin Templeton, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Mastercard, Navigant Consulting, Propeller, Silicon Valley Bank, Rothstein Kass, USAA, Zs Associates
- Retail and Consumer: Bay Area News Group, Clorox, Duckhorn Wineries, Ebay, Fitness Anywhere, GoPro, Hallmark, Headsets.com, Meek Lumber, Global Wine Partners, Great Lakes Cheese, SF Giants, Staples, Taylor Farms, Universal Studios, Vionic, Walmart, Bouquet Collection
- Healthcare: Access Closure, HealthNet, Kaiser Permanente, McKesson, Vocera, ThermoFisher Engineering, Construction and Real Estate: Ash Grove, CBRE, ESSROC, Glenborough Corp., Jacobs Associates, Madison Marquette, Pulte Homes, RNM Properties, Swinerton Inc.
- Education: Apollo Group, de Young Museum, Draper University, KIPP, The Thiel Foundation, Pearson Publishing
- Aerospace, Energy and Shipping: CAI Chevron, Lockheed—Martin, Matson, Maersk, PG & E, Statoil
- Law: Law Offices of Crosby, Heafey, Roach and May, Sidley, Austin, Brown and Wood LLP,
- Government, Public Services and Non—Profit Agencies: City of San Ramon, City of Walnut Creek, EBMUD, Engineering Leadership Professional Program (UC Berkeley), Fung Institute, Getty Conservation, Los Alamos National Lab, San Mateo County, Santa Clara Valley Water District, Save the Children, The Nature Conservancy, State Board of Equalization, U.C. Berkeley Office of the President, USO
She has published several articles on negotiation and procedural justice in leading journals and is one of the leading authors of negotiation exercise materials which are used worldwide by educators and trainers. She is Director of Negotiation and Team Resources, a non—profit that supports the development and distribution of resources to facilitate teaching negotiation, conflict management, and teamwork.
She received a MA in psychology and a Ph.D. in social psychology from the University of California, Santa Barbara. She has also taught at Santa Clara University, Saint Mary's College of California, and Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University. Prior to pursuing her Ph.D., she worked in a variety of functional areas in both small and large business organizations as well as in the non‐profit sector.
Negotiations and Influence: Improving Your Everyday Negotiation Skills
On the job and in our personal lives, we all need a broad array of negotiation skills in order to get our solutions accepted and implemented. Using a simulated negotiation exercise, you will be introduced to a "basic toolbox" of negotiation skills and learn how to negotiate more effectively in both collaborative and competitive situations. In the process, you will explore your negotiation style and gain a greater appreciation for the importance of planning and preparation, "expanding the pie" (or ways to increase value), and developing strong working relationships. Come prepared to gain greater confidence in your ability to negotiate and manage conflict!