Corporate Engagement Officer
As the Corporate Engagement Officer, you are the connector for all Haas alumni employed by your organization and Berkeley-Haas.
For more information, contact:
Tenny Frost, Executive Director, Alumni Relations & Development,
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510.643.5340
Responsibilities & Benefits
- Set up a listserve or Googlegroup/Google+ (or serve as lead of GradMap)
- Ensure data integrity: Communicate any change in a colleague's contact information through GradMap or to your staff liaison.*
- Organize causal alumni gathering (lunch, happy hour); have a professor or the dean visit your company site.
- Serve on the Haas Council
- Share your ideas at semi-annual volunteer meetings & conferences (September, February)
- Join in two lively & exclusive VIP conference calls with Dean Lyons (fall and spring)
- "Hire Haas": post jobs and internship opportunities
- Encourage submission of Class Notes for Berkeley-Haas magazine*
- Accomplish all on the volunteer check list (see below)
- Make a gift or a pledge to the Haas Fund* at the start of the fiscal year before asking colleagues to do so.
- Educate colleagues about the timing and process for completing a matching gift with your company.
*These activities can be completed through GradMap.
- Leadership and visibility within your company
- Network with other alumni leaders at retreats and socials
- Meet faculty, stay professionally sharp & in-the-know, and additional learning opportunities at retreats
- Receive complimentary admission to select Berkeley-Haas events
- Training and a personal Haas staff liaison
- Be recognized in the School's Annual Report and website
- Enthusiastic and committed to Berkeley-Haas
- An exemplar of the school's defining principles (hotlink to site)
- Understand how the Haas Fund supports the school's mission and goals.
- Committed to increasing alumni participation and giving to the Haas Fund; a current Haas Fund donor, willing to encourage others to support the school.
- Accessible to staff liaison.
Volunteer Check List
|Embody our culture:
- Demonstrate the Berkeley-Haas culture by embodying our defining principles, and carry a Haas Culture Card to share with alumni & colleagues
|Serve our community:
- Ensure my online profile in @cal is current & visible to the community, and upload a photo
- Attend at least one Haas Regional or Signature Event
- Take the call — connect with alumni and students about industry-related topics
- Be available on online communities (at least 1)
|Support the realization of our financial future
- Make a donation to the Haas Fund by campaign deadline of June 30th
- Invest in Berkeley-Haas by
- Considering increasing my support this year over past years
- Ensuring that my employer matches my annual fund donations to Haas (if applicable)
|Leverage lifelong learning
- Suggest alumni colleagues who could speak on campus or at a Chapter event
- Visit and view some of the numerous lectures and seminars posted on Haas Insights
- Review UC Berkeley Center for Executive Education's (CEE) website and course offerings, and consider leveraging my 15% alumni discount to attend a course — executive.berkeley.edu
- Share the CEE course selection with my class, employer, & friends
- MBA Alumni: Review the MBA Alumni Audit Program course selection (sent every December 15th and July 15th) and consider sitting in on a class