Planning Your Event
Concluding the Event
A successful event leaves audience members eager for more contact with the chapter and proud to be associated with Berkeley Haas, so think carefully about an inspiring message to conclude your event. Here are some examples:
- "We all benefit from a stronger network if we update our profile and make our email addresses visible in the alumni directory, @cal. Getting there is easy. Just Google 'Haas alumni directory,' and confirm that the information in your profile is accurate."
- Explain why you support the Haas Fund or why Haas Fund support increases the value of a Berkeley Haas degree. View Talking Points.
- Encourage the audience to "hire Haas," visit the job or internship opportunities page for more information. Describe a favorite, free benefit provided by the school such as:
- Haas Insights, hosted on the school's website, are videos featuring Berkeley Haas' most influential professors, industry leaders who speak on campus, and the school's charismatic dean, Rich Lyons.
- By Haas, Find alumni-owned businesses and books written by Berkeley Haas graduates. You can even find a map of Haas-affiliated wineries across California wine country.
- "The economic engine for Berkeley Haas is our Berkeley Executive Education. Talk to your employer or HR manager about why Berkeley Haas is 'the' place for professional development."
- "Want to meet interesting people, put your leadership skills to good use, or think creatively? Join our board."
- "Every Berkeley Haas alumnus is an ambassador for the school and should know and live the four defining leadership principles. These values are what distinguish us from the alumni of other top business schools." Conclude the event by describing the defining principle that is most meaningful to you.
Review the Giving Back Talking Points suggestions and Elevator Pitch for all of your events.
Post-event surveys should be conducted after every event. It will provide essential feedback on your event. The Alumni Relations office has an account with Surveymonkey which you can use. Contact email@example.com for account access, best practices and to get started.