The Center for Young Entrepeneurs at Haas
UC Berkeley Business Academy for Middle School Students
The Center for Young Entrepreneurs at Haas at the University of California Berkeley was founded on the idea that bringing Haas School Students together with young people in the community would help both live more productive lives. The program connects local youth with UC Berkeley student mentors for real-life lessons in business, finance and entrepreneurship, offering them a singular opportunity to develop the skills needed for academic and economic success--along with the inspiration and confidence to dream big.
Berkeley Business Academy for Youth is also distinctive for being campus-based and able to provide youth with all the resources, depth and energy that a university offers.
- Haas professors teaching finance, marketing and accounting
- Leading professional computer trainers bringing students up to speed on the latest tools
- Engaging and interactive college classroom setting
Here are some of the comments received from students and parents:
It was fun. To tell you the truth, it was a great experience. For people who enjoy business and want to learn more about the process. I truly recommend this camp.
Camp was fun. I met a lot of people. What was really cool was that we got to listen to actual professors speak. This camp rocked!
I am really glad that I was able to be a part of B-BAY. Overall I think this camp did a great job in teaching us basic business.
- Katie really learned a lot of good stuff. She seemed very engaged and enjoyed telling me about her day when she got home. This has been a really terrific two weeks for Katie. Thanks so much.
- She was not sure what to expect but from day 1 had a great time and was challenged to learn and work with others.