The Center for Young Entrepreneurs at Haas (YEAH)
The Middle School Program
- After School Business Clubs Overview
- Middle School Parent or Guardian Information
- Middle School Mentor or Volunteer Information
After School Business Clubs Overview
Teams of Berkeley-Haas students help lay the foundation for interest in higher education with middle school youth. After School Business Club members develop a sense of confidence through engaging social enterprise activities that have real impact on the community. Each year these clubs earn and donate the money they raise to the charity of their choice.
Basic business skills, teamwork, critical thinking, problem solving. PowerPoint/Word/Excel skills, public speaking and opportunity recognition.
Have a general interest in business and have the desire to attend college after high-school. Preference is given to low-income, first in family to complete college. All students are welcome to apply.
Academic school year
Locations & Meeting Times
- Albany Middle School, Albany School District, Mondays & Wednesdays from 3:15 - 5:30 p.m.
- Berkeley Unified School District Middle Schools:
- Longfellow Magnet Middle School, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Middle School, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Willard Middle School, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m.
4-6 hours per week after school, and an invitation to give back to the community by participating in Powered by YEAH events and by donating the proceeds of the sales of their After School Business Clubs
Haas students (undergraduate, MBA and PhD students) as well as Cal and other college or university students, and local business professionals.
September and January
For more information, contact Tiara Johnson, Middle School Program Coordinator