The Center for Young Entrepreneurs at Haas (YEAH)
The Middle School Program
- After School Business Clubs Overview
- Middle School Parent or Guardian Information
- Middle School Mentor or Volunteer Information
Middle School Program Mentor or Volunteer Information
Be a part of a dynamic team of individuals giving back to the community and reach Beyond Yourself to youth from under resourced schools in the Bay Area. Be a part of the defining principles of the Haas School of Business and the University of California, Berkeley by working in a program that promotes access, excellence and equity for all in our community.
Each year YEAH mentors donate more than 9,000 hours—or the equivalent of almost five full time employees—which enables the program to be run cost efficiently.
Learn curriculum and teach the principles to groups of middle school students. Share your educational journey and enthusiasm for education. Be a role model.
Have an interest in mentoring local youth, and an interest in learning Youth Development Best Practices, and educational classroom management techniques. Attend at least 80% of the sessions.
Locations & Meeting Times
- Albany Middle School, Albany School District, Mondays & Wednesdays from 3:15 – 5:30 p.m.
- Berkeley Unified School District Middle Schools:
- Longfellow Magnet Middle School, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Middle School, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Willard Middle School, Mondays & Wednesdays from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m.
Duration of Program
Volunteer for the entire school year, usually from September – May
Middle School Mentor Application