Job Title: Events Specialist (Client Services Manager) #13579
Job ID: 13579
Location: Off Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business - Center for Executive Education
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: March 15, 2012
Closed April 12, 2012
The UC Berkeley Center for Executive Education delivers world class executive education and custom solutions to businesses around the globe. It draws on the rich resources, talent and perspectives of top-level business educators and researchers from UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and elsewhere.
The Client Services Manager position involves the planning and organizing of executive education programs including managing logistics such as facilities, registration, audience management activities, program sponsors, caterers, vendors, and facility maintenance staff. Facilitation of communication and services with speakers, faculty and participants. The Client Services manager provides technical support of these activities.
Consults with clients, faculty and management on all details regarding executive education program events and event planning. Demonstrates good judgment in making decisions and managing executive education programs.
Plans, organizes, and identifies real and potential event locations and vendors
Manages client application and registration.
Handles all program communications, material distribution and other activities to prepare participants for executive education programs.
Determines and coordinates staffing needs.
Develops and coordinates program websites using CEE’s proprietary software, IW. Creates and maintains websites with logistic information and any pre-program assignments.
Develops and implements program budgets.
Contributes to and participates in long-range new and existing executive education programs. Recommends opportunities for program improvements.
Mentors and oversees the work of less experienced events staff.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
Knowledge and Skills:
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles and practices for Executive Education.
• Familiar with executive education programs and trends.
• Skill in effectively meeting budget and time constraints.
• Demonstrated organizational and project management skills to work successfully with clients to produce high quality events that meet client needs and appropriately represent the campus, Haas School of Business, and the Center for Executive Education.
• Highly developed interpersonal communication skills including political acumen and social perceptiveness.
• Highly developed judgment, decision-making and problem recognition/avoidance/resolution skills, including skill in determining those issues/problems that need to be brought to management's attention.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt, fulltime, one-year contract position will range between $42,000 annually up to $60,000 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is an exempt, fulltime, one-year contract position. The position is classified as an Events Specialist 3.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open