Job Title: Facilities Coordinator #13925
Job ID: 13925
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: May 23, 2012
The facilities unit is responsible for the management, long-range planning, organization, coordination, oversight and/or performance of multiple operational activities and services for multiple buildings. This includes space planning, general maintenance, general construction move planning and coordination, development of procedures, policies and communications related to infrastructure and safety.
The Facilities Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of ongoing maintenance of the three buildings (230,000 sq2) that make up the Haas School of Business complex and is also responsible for the maintenance support of a café, library, technical computer center, and large auditorium. The incumbent works closely with Physical Plant Campus Services and other campus resource groups. Incumbent has principal responsibilities for the facilities’ maintenance requests, unit’s purchasing and inventory management.
BUILDING MAINTENANCE AND SERVICES
Primary contact for all Haas units for coordination, , monitoring and tracking of routine maintenance, custodial, grounds, and other service requests by Physical Plant Campus Services as well as other outside vendors or organizations for assigned facilities, including tracking completion of maintenance work and the ongoing status of individual service requests.
• Monitor, respond and coordinate all fixit@haas email requests pertaining to needed repairs and services for the Haas School of Business campus.
• Serve as back-up to the Facilities/Operations Manager for all aspects of grounds and custodial servers with Campus and outside vendors.
• In coordination with Haas Room Reservation Coordinator conduct inspections of the rented spaces, along with coordinating cleaning, set-up and breakdown for special events.
• Conduct daily cleaning inspections of all public spaces and coordinate cleaning and repairs to be done in a timely manner.
CAPITAL PROJECTS AND IMPROVEMENTS
Works with management to coordinate and manage capital improvement projects with Capital Projects and actively participates on committees and/or meetings concerning capital improvements to departmental facilities.
• Works with onsite contractors and other vendors to coordinate work schedules, facilitate emergency access, and track progress of work.
BUILDING FURNITURE PROJECTS
• Serve as back up to the Manager—Facilities & Operations for furniture configurations in result of building construction and/or staff and faculty moves. Assist in the coordination of the furniture orders and installation as designed.
• Evaluate completed furniture developments before final acceptance of the project to confirm furniture is ergonomically correct, safe and up to building standards.
EQUIPMENT INVENTORY MANAGEMENT
Acts as department equipment custodian through the Berkeley Equipment Tracking (BET) system and conducts department inventory controls.
• Administrator of Berkeley Equipment Tracking Systems (BETS) database for all incoming and outgoing inventoried equipment for Haas to facilitate tracking and proper use of equipment.
• Evaluate, and reconcile random inspection audits and annual inventory reports issued by the Office of Equipment Management. Work closely with the Associate Director of Haas Computing to assess existing computer equipments’ use of life and value to the Haas School.
• In coordination with the Facilities/Operations Manager and with Haas staff, coordinate the key and lock needs for their units. Coordinate with UC Police Department (UCPD) and PPCS for re-keying requests and other Lockshop services such as repairs and installations.
• Serve as back-up to the Facilities Assistant for:
o Distribution of all card and metal keys to Haas faculty, staff and students. This involves documentation of all key distribution on forms and collection/return of cash deposits from students and visiting faculty.
o On a weekly basis, reconcile the petty cash and provide a weekly report to supervisor.
o Serve as back-up to for the daily maintenance of the card-, cyber-, and metal key database
o Update and maintain daily changes to records for all card-, cyber-, and metal key processing.
ALTERNATE BUILDING COORDINATOR
Act as Alternate Building Coordinator for campus emergency/ disaster preparedness for assigned venues,
• Evaluate, implement and maintain the University’s Injury and Illness Prevention Programs (IIPP) and the Berkeley Emergency Preparedness (BEP) on the Haas School website.
• Serve on the Building Safety Committee as Alternate Building Coordinator.
• Work with the Facilities/Operations Manager to plan, develop and implement the Haas Community emergency preparedness and coordinate all departments and units to establish a building emergency plan.
• In coordination with Facilities/Operations Manager to assess the public space in the buildings for fire safety, non-structural seismic issues, and hazardous materials
Serve as back-up to Facilities/Operations Manager during emergencies and/or building evacuations
• Serve as back up to the Manager—Facilities & Operations for coordinating the services of the UCPD security patrol office requirements at Haas. Follow through on security violations and/or complaints reported by the Security Guards: for example: investigate reasons for late hours kept by students and or employees. Make a determination as to whether action is needed.
• Act as the Campus Security Associate (CSA) liaison for the Haas School of Business. Assist the UCPD to gather crime statistics so that the statistics can be reported annually to students per the Jeanne Cleary Act of 1990.
• Create and review invoices to ensure correct chartstrings and submit for payment processing via Berkeley Financial System (BFS).
• Responsible for all Procurement Card supply purchasing for the Facilities unit. Annual volume averages $15,000 per year.
• Evaluate BAIRS reports to review costs charged to the unit, and ensure that they are accurate. Prepare a full report of all financial activity associated with any missing property claims and work with Risk Management to submit the reimbursement claim for services provided as a result of any damage caused by any unpredictable circumstance or emergency.
• Working knowledge of practices and procedures relating to facility maintenance.
• Working knowledge of practices and procedures of safety and emergency preparedness.
• Skills to work under pressure of deadlines in a stressful environment.
• Working organizational skills to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines, to establish goals and work load priorities, and to meet project deadlines within budget and time constraints.
• Written communication skills to prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, policies and procedures, and training documents.
• Active listening, interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills to effectively resolve questions, concerns, issues or problems and ensure cooperative and productive working relationships.
• Skills to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated knowledge of commercial buildings infrastructure.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral/written communications skills and the demonstrated ability to maintain effective and professional relationships with faculty, staff, students and other campus offices.
• Demonstrated ability to take on task with minimal instruction.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment.
• Must be: highly detail-oriented & organized, able to prioritize assignments, and able to multi-task.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently or in a team environment.
• Must demonstrate the ability to work independently and exercise a high degree of effective, independent judgment.
• Intermediate skills in MS Office Word and Excel skills.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lb or more with assistance.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Knowledge and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years related experience in facilities management.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range between $42,000 annually up to $50,000 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a full-time career position which has been classified as a Facilities Management Specialist 2.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open