Job Title: Student Experience Manager #14298
Job ID: 14298
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: August 4, 2012
This requisition will remain open until filled.
The Student Experience Manager for Part-time and Executive MBA Programs is responsible for a broad range of activities that support students, staff and faculty at the Haas School of Business. This position is service and student oriented, with the primary goal to ensure that Evening/Weekend MBA and MBA for Executives students receive excellent curricular support and superior student service. Major areas of responsibility are event planning, student services, communications, database maintenance and other administrative duties as needed.
Serve as key contact for about 750 Evening/Weekend MBA Students and 140 MBA for Executives Students. Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, MBA program staff and other campus offices regarding program requirements and requests for assistance. Communicate regularly with students and faculty regarding program updates, events, scheduling and other matters of importance. Applies professional Student Services concepts in providing a variety of student services to the student population served by the organization.
• Assist Director of Student Experience in developing strategic initiatives and ideas to enhance the student experience, both inside and outside of the classroom.
• Assist with the Evening & Weekend MBA and MBA for Executives Student Associations in the development and execution of the organizations’ goals.
Within an academic department/school/college or organization, provides student services in the following areas:
* International Exchange Programs: Coordinate information sessions, manage selection process, and handle logistics for our international exchange programs.
* Responsible for the regular communication to students, including weekly program updates. Coordinate with other Student Experience staff members and students to write and edit articles.
* Respond to Inquiries: Serve as a key resource regarding UC Berkeley systems including course information and updates, billing and registration. Answer questions from current students, faculty, and other Haas units regarding program requirements and other requests for assistance.
* Assist with the management of student enrollment through the Online Registrar system, including bidding and the waitlist process.
Academic Advising: Provides advice and assistance to students on academic and degree progress and major requirements; assists students in determining a major, alternative academic options, resolve scheduling conflicts, and similar issues.
* Work with other Student Experience program staff in the planning and implementation of the New Student Orientation.
* Work with other Student Experience staff to develop ways to improve currently offered events and also develop new and exciting activities to enhance the student experience. This includes, but is not limited to:
* EWMBA Mid-Program Academic Retreat (MPAR): Assist in the planning and implementation of MPAR.
* Commencement: Lead in the planning and coordination of the graduation ceremony for EWMBA students and MBA for Executives students.
* Database Maintenance: Maintain and upgrade all student databases and generate reports accordingly.
* Web Development: Serve, with other MBA Student Experience staff as the webmasters for the EWMBA and MBA for Executives Programs. Maintain and up- date “Current Student” and the newly “Admitted” web pages.
* Course Material: Responsible for working with faculty and Academic Affairs staff in acquiring course titles and working with book vendors to coordinate book orders for each class.
• Knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
• Knowledge of University processes and procedures.
• Understanding of University rules and regulations.
• Skills in service orientation, active listening, critical thinking.
• Ability in problem identification, reasoning.
• Previous work experience in student services
• Outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communications skills
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Access
• Knowledge of HTML and Dreamweaver
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master Degree preferred.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends with occasional travel
• Master's Degree preferred.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range between $50,000 annually up to $56,600 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
The position requires about 2% time traveling locally or domestically.
This is a full-time career position and is classified as a Student Services Advisor 2.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open