Job Title: Director of Advancement Services #14302
Job ID: 14302
Location: Off Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: August 4, 2012
This requisition will remain open until filled.
The Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) department is responsible for all alumni relations and fund raising activity for the Haas School of Business. The Alumni Relations program services nearly 36,000 living alumni and oversees the activities of 26 chapters worldwide, executes high profile alumni events throughout the year, offers lifelong learning and career services and provides online communities. Fund raising includes a wide-range of activities, including student campaigns, the annual fund, major gifts, foundation and corporate relations.
The Director of Advancement Services is a key management team position within the Haas School of Business’s Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) group. This position sets strategic direction and supervises core activities related to the acquisition, maintenance, dissemination, and reporting of constituent data that is captured and stored on multiple software platforms. The position also directs gift processing, gift and fund reporting and donor stewardship functions, which serve all fundraising groups within DAR and which interface closely with the school’s Financial Services group. Working with the Assistant Dean, Development & Alumni Relations, the Director establishes strategic direction and policies for DAR business systems and technology tools that enable effective customer service and data integrity. The Director works collaboratively with multiple constituents, including University Relations Advancement Services, Haas IT leadership, and DAR team to prioritize and implement complex business solutions. This position reports to the Assistant Dean, Development and Alumni Relations and manages four full-time employees (FTE)
Supervises and directs Advancement Services staff in the acquisition, maintenance, and dissemination of all constituent data, including gift data management systems and gift processing, that is obtained, managed and used by Development and Alumni Relations and University Relations for the use and benefit of the Haas School. Initiates new business processes and system improvements as needed to achieve data integrity goals.
Aligns data and systems with business needs for all areas within Development and Alumni Relations. Establishes priorities and provides direction and management for design, implementation and documentation of new and evolving data systems.
Coordinates with Berkeley campus University Relations Advancement Services group on complex issues related to the functioning and implementation of SunGard Advance (CADS) system and the interface with DAR as well as collaborates with the Haas School Enterprise & Computer Service Management leadership on strategic data integration solutions.
Develops and monitors operational and budget processes for Advancement Services; supervises fund and gift management and effective communication and reporting to Haas Financial Services.
Establishes and recommends changes to policies, including software acquisition and new project development, gift processing, and other business systems that affect gift reporting, stewardship and constituent data integrity.
Oversees effective donor stewardship systems, including timely and accurate reporting and documentation of gift use. Ensures accurate and efficient gift processing systems.
• Strong management experience and ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams are required.
• Proven business analysis and project management skills on complex information technology systems and projects are required.
• Requires a broad working knowledge of the applications programming development function, with a strong preference for experience with SunGard Advance system, online alumni communities and volunteer management tools and/or significant experience with other comparable systems, complexity of data, functions and services for constituent data and relationships.
• Requires the ability to gather, organize, and analyze data in the completion of assignments and effectively document and measure outcomes.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and strong service orientation.
• Requires experience working in a fundraising environment. Higher education experience is a plus.
• Ability to work effectively with people from difference administrative disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience and knowledge.
• Strong functional and technical/back-end knowledge of Advance and background in higher education are highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of CRM systems such as Salesforce is preferred.
• Data analysis and reporting skills are highly desirable.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a full-time career position that has been classified as an Informations Systems Manager 1.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open