Job Title: Associate Director, Stewardship #14535
Job ID: 14535
Department: Haas School of Business
Location: Off Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: September 15, 2012
This requisition will remain open until filled.
The Associate Director, Stewardship is part of the Advancement Services team within the Haas School of Business’s Development and Alumni Relations (DAR) group. In consultation with the DAR management team, this position creates strategic plans for stewardship of the Haas School’s Haas Fund, major gift, and corporate and foundation donors. As well, the Associate Director, Stewardship implements multiple donor communication programs to endowment and other major donors to the Haas School. Responsible for ensuring that all gifts of $25,000 receive personalized custom acknowledgement letters. Works closely with campus stewardship and gift administration colleagues to ensure newly developed Gift Terms meet business requirements. This position reports to the Director of Advancement Services.
The Development and Alumni Relations department is responsible for all alumni relations and fund raising activity for the Haas School of Business. The Alumni Relations program services nearly 38,000 living alumni and oversees the activities of 26 chapters worldwide, executes high profile alumni events throughout the year, offers lifelong learning and career services and provides online communities. Fund raising includes a wide-range of activities, including student campaigns, the annual fund, major gifts, foundation and corporate relations.
• Plans, schedules, and implements reporting programs to donors that demonstrate the use and impact of their funds. Specific reporting programs include all endowed chair, scholarships and fellowships, and other remaining endowed funds benefiting the Haas School. Developments stewardship plans programs for Major Gifts and Corporate and Foundation programs and works closely with Haas Fund team to implement recognition and loyalty programs. Works with Alumni Relations team to create system and program for recognizing life events (condolences, promotions, etc) for volunteers and alumni. Works closely with Communications Specialist to execute bi-annual Dean’s letter and Annual Report to major donors and prospects. Creates communications programs to keep Haas donors and Haas volunteers informed about the impact of their giving and involvement to the school. Maintains appropriate tracking and program metrics.
• Develops and executes personalized recognition for individual and institutional gifts (excluding centers) of $25,000 or more directed to the Haas School. Recognition may include personalized thank you letter or note from the Dean, telephone call from Dean or appropriate gift officer, or other acknowledgement. Create systems to track and monitor determined follow up.
• Assists with implementation of donor loyalty and other recognition programs for the Haas Fund, the school’s annual fundraising program.
• Develops periodic and year-end reports on program outcomes, including but not limited to detailed reporting calendars or systems, results reports, and peer benchmarking. Maintains updated rosters of major donors, chair holders, etc. and ensures that all appropriate information is also maintained in CADS, including records of scholarship and fellowship recipients. Works with Financial Services to monitor unspent endowment or current use funds.
• Provides guidance and assists in writing Gift Terms, working closely with University Relations to ensure compliance with business procedures and to the School’s ability to execute donor’s philanthropic goals.
• Creates and manages stewardship plan for planned giving donors to the Haas School. Works with Haas Marketing and University Relations Gift Planning to develop and implement marketing plan.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
• Working knowledge of the campus, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure
• Working knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, and policies related to fund management.
• Excellent written communication and ability to persuasively communicate program outcomes to external donor audiences.
• Good interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain positive working relationships throughout the campus and with external constituencies.
• Good organizational skills, including strong project management background.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, including creative problem solving and ability to work with diverse constituents to execute effectively programs.
• Skill to maintain confidentiality.
• Experience in a fundraising or donor relations environment is strongly preferred
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this 100% full-time career position will range between $46,200 annually up to $68,700 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
• This fulltime career position is classified as a Fundraiser 2.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open