Job Title: Admissions Coordinator
Job ID: 14782
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: November 1, 2012
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders -- individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members supports these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
The Part-Time MBA Admissions Office is responsible for the marketing and admissions process for the Evening & Weekend MBA and Berkeley MBA for Executive Programs at the Haas School of Business. Both of these programs serve professionals who want to earn their MBA while continuing to work.
The Admissions Coordinator has a two-part role. He or she is responsible for serving both as a receptionist to incoming Berkeley-Haas visitors (students, prospective students, alumni, recruiters) and as an administrative coordinator to the Part-Time MBA Admissions Office.
Front Office Coordination:
• Respond to telephone, e-mail and web inquiries from prospective students regarding the part-time MBA programs and admissions requirements in a timely and professional manner.
• Provide first-level advising on all MBA programs, admissions procedures and career service offerings.
• Greet all visitors, providing high quality customer service.
• Forward non-routine inquiries in-person, by phone, or by email to the appropriate staff member.
• Coordinate closely with the Full-time MBA Receptionist to maintain superior service during peak periods and lunch breaks.
• Manage all accounting duties for the part-time MBA admissions office: use internal processing system, BearBuy, to complete, submit, and reconcile authorization and receipt documentation for purchases and admissions events.
• Process staff expense reports through travel and entertainment reimbursement systems.
• Deposit check and credit card payments for application fees and enrollment deposits. (There is no cash handling associated with this position.)
• Manage prospective student interview process for the part-time MBA programs: coordinate the availability of interview rooms, the schedule of interviewers (both staff and contractors), and communicate with interviewees in a process that accommodates over 700 interviews per admissions cycle.
• Manage class visitation program: coordinate with the program office and faculty to schedule class visits for prospective applicants to both part-time MBA programs.
• Electronic posting of admission events and activities.
• Manage the distribution of program brochures to prospective applicants.
• Coordination/Scheduling of admission feedback telephone appointments.
• Assist in the processing and updating of applications, including data entry and filing.
• Assist in the maintenance of both part-time MBA applicant databases.
• Review and recommend website updates.
• Other projects and assignments as necessary for the successful functioning of the Evening & Weekend MBA and Berkeley MBA for Executives admissions offices.
• Must have a high comfort level with technology, demonstrating proficiency with email, online scheduling, and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
• High level of professionalism.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as be an integral member of a team-oriented office.
• Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance environment, meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Experience providing high quality customer service and the ability to work with frequent interruptions.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Access and SalesForce CRM system.
• Previous experience in a professional business or higher education environment.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range up to Step 8: $42,792 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a fulltime career position classified as a (_) Assistant II.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open