Job Title: High Frequency Trading Lab Manager
Job ID: 14826
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: November 9, 2012
This requisition will remain open until filled.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders --- individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members supports these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
The Berkeley Master of Financial Engineering Program (MFE) is a degree program that provides students with the knowledge and skills to prepare for a career in the finance industry.
The MFE Program is recruiting a High Frequency Trading Lab Manager. The position is an exempt 50% time, contract appointment.
Applies IT concepts to perform complex analyses and functions from multiple IT areas of specialization.
Analyzes complex programs or formulates logic for new systems. Such programs include the programming of R. R is a programming language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. R supports linear and non-linear modeling, classical statistical tests, time-series analysis, classification, clustering, and other statistical methods and logic.
Performs coding and tests/debugs complex programs within the R program. Coding may include extending the capabilities of R to support new functions and methods.
Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
Prepares programming documentation.
Maintains security configurations.
Analyzes, installs, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
Analyzes business problems to be solved with automated systems.
May recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
Train users in conversion and implementation of system.
Implements related business processes.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Has knowledge of professional concepts in high frequency trading. Such knowledge includes highly quantitative analyses, employing complex computerized algorithms to methodically examine market data and implement proprietary trading strategies.
• Has knowledge of applications programming technologies, tools and protocols. Such tools include R and all related high frequency packages that will be installed with the software.
• Ability to communicate effectively with agility, given the rapid pace and characteristics of high frequency trading. Since an investment position is held for only very brief periods of time, adjustments and changes in approach must be done with absolute immediacy.
• In order to prepare for industry shifts and other changes in high frequency finance, further communication on a monthly basis with the Executive Director, the instructor and GSI is mandatory.
• Chartered Financial Analyst Level I (II preferred)
• Chartered Financial Analyst Level II preferred
• Master's in Financial Engineering
Salary & Benefits
The 50% part-time salary for this exempt contract position will range between $28,500 ($2,375 monthly) up to $42,300 annually ($3,525 monthly).
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open