Job Title: Manager, Operations
Job ID: 14828
Location: Off Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: November 12, 2012
This requisition will remain open until filled.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders -- individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members supports these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
UC Berkeley’s Center for Executive Education (CEE) at the Haas School of Business develops and delivers open enrollment and custom programs for business executives in the US and internationally. Approximately 65% of its custom executive development programs are for overseas clients and the portfolio of open enrollment programs continues to expand to meet market demands. CEE has been very successful in recent years, with almost 100% repeat clients for custom programs. Haas’ objective is to grow CEE from revenues of $17M to $50M+ within the next five to ten years.
Manages, plans, and administers a full range of complex administrative operations in the Center for Executive Education (CEE).
Performs administrative operations activities as predominant focus of position, with accountability for operational and budget processes, and space planning.
• Prepares short and long range planning for administrative services operations and improvement to processes.
Serves as special resource for generation of contracts involving a wide variety of external clients, interpreting regulations and guidelines on contracts. This includes being the point of contact between CEE’s clients, the Business Contracts Office, Haas, and Risk Management, to review and resolve contract issues.
Manages partnerships with CEE’s international education partners, including all client and program management activities, in such a way that such partnerships enhance the School’s reputation overseas.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• 7-10 years relevant business experience
• Advanced knowledge of contracts development and management and comfort working with legal documents.
• Advanced knowledge of financial analysis and reporting techniques, Knowledge of common computer application programs.
• Advanced knowledge of a variety of administrative operations activities such as events planning, risk management planning, accounting, and contracts regulations and guidelines.
• Advanced interpersonal communication skills to include verbal and written, active listening, critical thinking, persuasiveness, advising and counseling skills.
• Advanced skills in short and long term strategic planning, analysis and problem-solving and customer service.
• Proven skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Strong project management skills.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt full-time position will range between $63,900 annually up to $85,000 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open