Job Title: Senior Associate Director, Career Services
Job ID: 14852
Department: Haas School of Business
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: November 17, 2012
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders --- individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members supports these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
The Berkeley Master of Financial Engineering Program (MFE) is a degree program that provides students with the knowledge and skills to prepare for a career in the finance industry.
The MFE Program is recruiting a Senior Associate Director of Career Services.
Researches, designs, and develops workshops and programs to meet students' and alumni's career needs.
Manages program improvement processes.
Conducts needs assessments, and collaborates with faculty and other members of the University community in course design and development.
Oversees career program technical systems, and uses thorough knowledge of career program and information systems to build applications and improve web sites and other supporting technologies.
Presents sensitive and difficult information about the career program, including presentations to the media and the public. Develops special seminars to train incoming students, current and alumni. Also develops tailored short programs in financial engineering for people in the industry – in conjunction with the executive director and the Center for Executive Education (CEE)
Establishes new relationships with corporations and other organizations related to career services for students and alumni and enhance the campus's relationship with outside organizations. Places students in internships and full-time careers in financial engineering.
Develops and oversees delivery of broad and complex career-focused programs and events that incorporate the needs of campus partners and constituents.
Provides career counseling in particularly complex areas that require specialized expertise in finance for MFE students.
Oversees delivery of broad and highly complex career-focused programs and investment banking/buy side events that incorporate the needs of campus partners/constituents.
• Advanced degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance
• Master Degree in any other field like psychology but with experience working on Human Resource Management and Recruiting at a top investment bank, preferably on Wall Street.
• Experience interviewing students for investment banks positions
• Advanced knowledge of career development theories, adult development theory, counseling processes, career decision making, learning styles, and job search techniques.
• Knowledge of needs assessment theory, processes, and practice, workshop and program design.
• Knowledge of UC programs, career services, employer, alumni, and faculty needs and expectations, recruiting and staffing methods, employment trends.
• Ability to design and modify computer applications to meet program needs, problem identification, presentation skills, verbal communication, written communication, and organization skills.
• Ability to work with people from diverse cultures.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt career position will range between $57,000 annually up to $112,200 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This position requires some travel estimated at 10% locally or domestically, and 5% time internationally.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open