Job Title: Program Manager #15264
Job ID: 15264
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: February 23, 2013
The requisition will remain open until filled.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders --- individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members supports these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
The UC Berkeley Center for Executive Education delivers world class executive education and custom solutions to businesses around the globe. It draws on the rich resources, talent and perspectives of top-level business educators and researchers from UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business and elsewhere.
The Program Manager position involves the planning and organizing of executive education programs including managing logistics such as facilities, registration, audience management activities, program sponsors, caterers, vendors, and facility maintenance staff. Facilitation of communication and services with speakers, faculty and participants. Also provides technical support of these activities.
• Consults with clients, faculty and management on all details regarding executive education program events and event planning.
• Demonstrates good judgment in making decisions and managing executive education programs.
• Plans, organizes, and identifies real and potential event locations and vendors
• Manages client application and registration.
• Handles all program communications, material distribution and other activities to prepare participants for executive education programs.
• Determines and coordinates staffing needs.
• Develops and coordinates program websites using various software programs that CEE uses, such as Salesforce and Box.net.
• Creates and maintains websites with logistic information and any pre-program assignments.
• Develops and implements program budgets.
• Contributes to and participates in long-range new and existing executive education programs.
• Recommends opportunities for program improvements.
• Mentors and oversees the work of less experienced events staff.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles and practices for Executive Education.
• Familiar with executive education programs and trends.
• Skill in effectively meeting budget and time constraints.
• Demonstrated organizational and project management skills to work successfully with clients to produce high quality events that meet client needs and appropriately represent the campus, Haas School of Business, and the Center for Executive Development.
• Highly developed interpersonal communication skills including political acumen and social perceptiveness.
• Highly developed judgment, decision-making and problem recognition/avoidance/resolution skills, including skill in determining those issues/problems that need to be brought to management's attention.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt, full-time, short-term Contract position will range between $3,500 per month up to $5,000 per month.
This position requires approximately 10% local (or domestic) travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open