Job Title: Assistant, Professional Faculty Suite (4722C) #15547
Job ID: 15547
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date:The First Review Date for this job is: Immediately & continuously until the temporary position is filled.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
Faculty Assistants are an essential part of the Administration unit of the Haas School of Business. The Faculty Assistant role for Professional Faculty coordinates the Haas Professional Faculty Suite designed to provide a customized work environment to meet the needs of our growing number of professional instructors and includes industry leaders. Under minimal supervision from the Faculty Assistant Supervisor the incumbent is the first point of contact for the administrative needs of the Professional Faculty. He/she provides reception in the suite environment, lecturer support, monitoring of shared office space, light editing, accounting support, project management, and web page production.
The Professional Faculty assistant works independently to provide excellent customer service to faculty members, students, and staff at Haas, the campus community, and visitors. Our effective administrative support is based on a collaborative approach in which all team members share information and good practices with the goal to allow students and faculty to do their best work.
SHARED WORK ENVIRONMENT SUPPORT:
The incumbent will schedule and coordinate the use of a complex shared Professional Faculty Suite with assigned office space and open workstation seating. Duties include reception, welcoming and orienting new instructors, assisting in scheduling space, maintaining a current list of professional faculty using shared space for each semester, managing conflicts, and communicating with Haas service providers to revise and adapt space use guidelines. Contribute to developing an ongoing space use improvement effort shared by Haas service providers.
He/she will be the first point of contact for faculty, students, and staff regarding operations and academic support information.
PROFESSIONAL FACULTY SUPPORT:
Individual support includes: reserving space for meetings, general mailing as appropriate including sending parking passes to guest lecturers, light editing on power point presentations, general editing for courses, assistance with electronic course readers, providing directions to Haas and campus locations, reimbursement to lecturers for pre-approved expenses, and locating support for hiring student assistants.
The professional faculty assistant will work closely with the Haas Center of Teaching Excellence, Haas Academic Affairs, and Facilities during periods of Professional Faculty arrival and departure. Duties include designing and sending a Welcome email to Professional Faculty starting or returning to Haas, providing information during initial orientation to Haas, and customizing and updating a service provider document which explains all of the necessary tasks related to starting the semester.
Co-author new website using a project-based approach with Haas program and center offices. The assistant will monitor the site and update the site on a regular basis.
Develop customer survey tool each semester. Distribute survey, analyze and report results. Recommend process changes based on data collected.
Support Professional Faculty in purchasing, reimbursements, and travel. Comply with current purchasing and reimbursement policy as governed by the UC Office of the President. Monitor charges related to Purchase Order, Travel and Entertainment reimbursement.
Work cooperatively with the Business Service office to ensure prompt processing for reimbursement requests. Provide Blu card purchase compliance and reconciliation as required by the University Blu card program.
Special projects as required.
• Related experience in providing administrative support to a group of 8 – 12 faculty or managers (from an accredited degree granting university/college) or similar environment.
• Demonstrated experience providing customer service in a highly interactive environment.
• Attention to detail while managing shifting priorities and keeping a positive attitude through changes.
• Accurate record keeping, organizational skills and experience with online accounting systems.
• Experience with scheduling for groups.
• Demonstrated strong written, editing, and verbal communications skills, with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize with frequent interruptions from faculty, students and external customers.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new business processes and software tools on a frequent basis.
• Demonstrated intermediate-to-advanced skills using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be proactive especially in problem solving; utilizing resources for clarification and/or instructions to increase effectiveness.
• Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills for working in a large community.
• Proven ability to maintain interdepartmental relationships over time.
• Well-developed interpersonal communication with a high level of diversity awareness.
• Ability to remain current on all University policies governing privacy of student records and data security.
• UC campus experience or similar academic setting.
• Understanding of University policies and procedures, experience with Berkeley Financial Systems and BAIRS reporting portal.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this temporary-Limited Term position will range between Step 1: $3,454 per month up to Step 8: $4,048 per month, and partial benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is fulltime, Limited Term (temporary) position. This position is classified as a (_) Assistant III.
Interviewed candidates will be required to complete a writing exercise.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open