Job Title: Senior Fellow and Director of Global Initiatives (0378U) #15693
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: Resumes will be reviewed as received. The requisition will remain open until filled.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Senior Fellow and Director of Global Initiatives will direct the Global Initiatives program at the Haas School of Business, developing and fostering activities, fundraising to support the program, networking with other Haas stakeholders, and working with the Haas Dean to determine the mission, vision and strategy of global initiatives.
Directs and administers Haas Global Initiatives program with complete administrative and programmatic responsibility.
Facilitates efforts of various departments, managers and outside constituencies to ensure interdisciplinary collaboration.
• Work with the Center for Executive Education (CEE) to build relationships in Istanbul and other developing marketing globally
• Introduce and support the sales process for contracts with potential clients of executive education in Istanbul
Identifies and pursues funding opportunities and revenue streams.
• As appropriate, represent the Berkeley-Haas development and alumni relations efforts, meeting with alumni, donors or volunteers, with Haas School Dean.
• Provide strategic input to Assistant Dean of Alumni Relations and Development and Senior Development Director, International concerning topics of fundraising and external relations efforts, particularly in Turkey, Eastern Europe and the Middle East.
• Ensure coordination with Senior Development Director on all international alumni and donor activities to maximize relationship building and fundraising for the benefit of Berkeley-Haas.
Assesses program's effectiveness, and recommends changes to program's content, policies and procedures accordingly.
Serves on committees representing the program, participating in short term and long term planning.
Assists in developing research, participates in professional conferences and provides public relations support.
• Organize research conference or symposiums with industrial partners
• Advanced degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Academic background and experience in selected area of research.
• Advanced knowledge of administrative, budgetary, human resources and financial principles and practices.
• Advanced ability to think creatively and independently on concepts requiring advanced analytical skills.
• Highly skilled fundraising experience.
• Demonstrated ability to build and launch innovative programs.
• Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines with program/center managers, staff, students and faculty on Haas- and campus-wide initiatives.
• Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to interact and achieve results with a broad, diverse community of business leaders, funding sources, and media.
• Ability to develop partnerships with collaborating institutions and international partners. Experience in developing and maintaining networks of business leaders who can contribute to curricular and extracurricular university programs.
• Expert oral and written communication skills.
• 5 years of senior-level experience as a professional or consultant in international relations.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt, fulltime, one-year contract position will be commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a one year contract position, with the possibility of renewal.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open