Job Title: Financial Services Analyst #15798
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: May 24, 2013
This requisition will remain open until filled.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Financial Services Analyst position involves the processing and servicing of a variety of operational and financial transactions and services. This includes entertainment and travel review, analysis, review and control, customer servicing, and reporting for the Business Services unit of the Haas School of Business. The position also includes identifying exceptional requests and processing according to policy, reviewing and processing in the procure to pay system, and being jointly responsible for card program review and administration.
Applies professional financial and accounting concepts to independently perform analyses of moderately complex financial services such as researching discrepancies and tax implications and compliance with external regulations and internal policies. Understands, interprets and applies campus policy to transactions.
Prepares reports and analyses to include summaries of financial transactions for management review and decision-making.
Ensures that financial processing functions which include BearBuy review and approval of entertainment requests procure to pay, and requests in the travel & entertainment system are performed with accuracy and that transactions meet policy requirements. Share responsibility that card program purchases are processed and/or verified in a timely manner and according to program rules, and monitor cardholders adherence to program standards. For all travel and entertainment, identify exceptions and create and process exceptions according to policy and in a timely manner.
Functions as a resource to support staff on issues such as researching financial discrepancies, escalated customer service problems and vendor concerns.
Assists with researching, developing and implementing new and changing business processes.
Assesses and recommends changes with Haas and University travel and entertainment to maintain compliance with federal and state requirements and internal financial/audit policies.
Participates in audits of internal records and processes and prepares recommendations for changes as needed.
Assists with monitoring the delivery of quality customer service to various constituencies to include internal department clients and external vendors.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Knowledge of financial processes, University policies and procedures, and ability to interpret and apply to individual situations.
• Knowledge of financial data management, campus reporting systems and fund accounting.
• Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications as well as BearBuy (procure to pay system), Travel & Entertainment and Berkeley Reporting Portal (BAIRS)
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, analytical skills, service orientation, active listening, critical thinking, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, effective verbal and written communication skills, sound judgment and decision-making.
• Strong customer service skills
• Skills to provide coaching and mentoring to support staff. Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a diverse group of staff, students, faculty and external customers.
• Must work effectively as a contributing team member and learn and explain new processes and systems effectively.
• Be able to work with frequent interruptions and inquiries and prioritize workflow.
• Must have a positive attitude.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range between $42,000 annually up to $49,506.48 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a fulltime career position. The position is classified as a Financial Services Analyst 2.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open