Job Title: Associate Director, EWMBA, EMBA & Alumni MBA (4516U) #15983
Job ID: 15983
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: June 22, 2013
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Haas School's Career Management Group is recruiting an Associate Director for the Evening & Weekend MBA (EWMBA), Executive MBA (EMBA) & Alumni MBA.
To learn more about the Career Management Group visit: http://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/careers/careercenter.html
• Advises, Evening and Weekend MBA students, alumni and Executive MBA students on career options and opportunities, including customized services for specific populations.
• Helps clients identify their interests, values, skills, and personality traits, and understands how these factors relate to academic/career satisfaction and choices.
• Uses standard quantitative and qualitative assessments to help clients assess career goals. Helps with decision making, goal setting, salary negotiation, and identifying internal/external obstacles to obtaining goals.
• Identifies personal crisis situations and refers client to appropriate resources.
• Provide training to other Career Management Group advisors and staff to increase overall team skill level and maximize team performance
• Meets regularly with Alumni Relations to coordinate efforts to develop and implement marketing and outreach programs to MBA alumni.
• Makes onsite visits for advising and presenting of current career information to MBA alumni in major cities/states or countries.
• Ensures that marketing materials and published data are current and accurate.
• Tracks utilization of services including advising and workshops/webinars for alumni.
• Researches and organizes economic and employment trend data, and designs materials for presentation to students and campus professionals.
• Partners with Alumni office on Alumni Salary survey to facilitate collection of data.
• Modifies and conducts workshops and presents programs to meet student and staff member needs.
MAINTAINS & ENHANCES RELATIONSHIPS
• With corporate recruiters, corporations and other organizations to develop and modify potential employer resources, and promote external relations with the campus relating to career services for students and alumni.
• Creates richer alumni networking opportunities by inviting other top B-Schools and SF Bay Area alumni chapters to participate in MBA Career Management Group programs.
• Attends professional association meetings and at times presents at peer conferences.
• Advanced knowledge of career development theories, adult development theory, counseling process, career decision making, learning styles, and job search techniques.
• Advanced degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training; more than 10 years of experience working in career development, business management, and/or executive search;
• Experience teaching/advising mid-career professional
• MBTI Certification (Myers Briggs Type Indicator)
• Knowledge of needs assessment theory, processes, and practice, workshop and program design.
• Knowledge of UC programs, career services, employer, alumni, and faculty needs and expectations, recruiting and staffing methods, and employment trends.
• Ability to design and modify computer applications to meet program needs
• Exceptional level of attention to detail
• Well-versed in managing expectations and delivering beyond expectations
• May have a background specialty such as product management in addition to career coaching
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced customer service-oriented environment.
• Track record of delivering services to customers in a timely and accurate manner
• Strong customer service orientation: Experience in a customer service environment; enjoy working with a variety of customers with various needs, including students, employers and people from diverse cultures.
• Exposure to MBA students and employers
Proven operational and organizational skills:
• Ability to manage several simultaneous activities and to manage in a rapidly changing environment with multiple interruptions
• Ability to adjust priorities to accommodate changes in the marketplace
• Use judgment to identify exceptions, solve problems, and implement solutions
Great communication skills
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Superior interpersonal skills
• Team orientation
• Presentation skills (workshops, webinars)
Required technical skills:
• Experience with enterprise software or HR management systems
• Experience with social media.
• Experience with remote communications tools for individual and group activities.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt full-time career position will be commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Hours of work include some regular evening and weekend hours.
Willingness to travel – site visits to companies and alumni chapter functions.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open