Job Title: Career Services Event Coordinator (4723C) #16035
Job ID: 16035
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Application Review Date: Open until filled
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The MBA Career Services office is recruiting for a part-time, temporary (limited term) Event Coordinator.
MBA Career Services is a fast-paced, high performing department within the Haas School. The team provides programs and services to students and companies, with the goal of connecting them for employment opportunities.
The Career Services Event Coordinator is an essential part of the MBA Career Services team, as the school hosts multiple concurrent event and daylong events for students and recruiters, and these must be executed flawlessly. Because events occur at various times of the day and evening, s/he will not always be working during standard business hours and will need to be flexible with his/her schedule
In preparing for events, the Career Services Event Coordinator will be working with information: recruiter contact information in the database, tracking information for parking passes, student sign-up lists. This information resides in the Career Services intranet and in Excel, so s/he must be comfortable with technology.
For student-targeted activities:
• Assist in the coordination of Career Management programs, primarily the Career Management Conference. Support activities of other seminars, events, presentations, and workshops as needed.
• Set up conference rooms to the specifications required by the workshop presenter.
• Arrange for AV equipment to be delivered to event venues.
• Assemble packets of handouts and sign-in sheets.
• Distribute and collect evaluation forms.
• Escort presenters to workshop location.
• Arrange for catering as necessary.
For employer-targeted activities:
• Assist MBA Career Management in facilitating the interaction of corporate recruiters and the event venues (Faculty Club, Bancroft Hotel, Hotel Durant, International House), ensuring that reservations, catering, and AV equipment are handled smoothly.
• Coordinate scheduling, logistics, and attendance for various day and evening recruiting activities, including company presentations and career fairs.
• Attend events, which take place in the early afternoon or in the evening.
• Ensure that visiting recruiters receive parking passes and appropriate directions to and from parking.
RECRUITMENT CENTER SUPPORT
• Support the reception activities of fast paced MBA Recruitment Center, providing exceptional customer service to company representatives, students, and other guests.
• Work with catering to ensure delivery and clean-up of meals.
• Respond to student questions about recruiting logistics.
• Track student attendance at events
• Record all usage of parking passes
• Use Career Services’ database for contact information of appropriate recruiters
• Update recruiter information as necessary.
• Experience in event management and/or the hospitality industry.
• Professional business presence
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks under pressure, with attention to detail and follow-up skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a variety of personalities
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office and web-based applications.
• Good project management skills, working well in groups and showing good judgment.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range up to Step 6: $19.56 per hour.
This is a part-time, Limited Term (temporary) position that will last up to 900 hours. The position is classified as a (_) Assistant II.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open