Job Title: Assistant Director, Admissions (4509U) #16387
Job ID: 16387
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
Regular/Temporary: Temporary |
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 16, 2013.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
At the Haas School of Business, we offer two world-class MBA programs for working professionals: the Evening & Weekend MBA program and the MBA for Executives program. The Assistant Director of Admissions serves as a member of the Admissions Committee, which recruits, evaluates, and selects students for the part-time MBA programs (primarily the Evening & Weekend MBA). The Assistant Director is also the key member of the team responsible for data analysis and technology management for the department.
• Counsel prospective students regarding admissions requirements, Haas programs, and preparation for MBA study.
• Deliver presentations about the programs and represent the School at admissions activities as well as corporate/professional organization events.
• Maintain a strong knowledge of competitive programs and their offerings.
• Assess effectiveness of all recruiting activities; suggest areas of improvement.
• Assist with marketing, recruitment and yield activities (e.g., the program guide, diversity events, follow up calls, social media, etc) as needed.
• Evaluate and select students for the part-time MBA programs, including reading/reviewing applications for admission and interviewing MBA candidates. Sit on the Admissions Committee and make admissions decisions.
• Evaluate transcripts and international records for eligibility.
• Provide feedback to denied candidates.
• Work with Graduate Division and other University departments, as needed.
Analytics and Reporting:
• Collect, analyze and report on admissions statistics throughout the admissions cycle. Maintain historical data.
• Oversee best use of CRM system and other tools for department.
• Create and manage all surveys and other research tools.
• Oversee competitive analysis and other data projects.
• Liase with GMAC for research needs.
• Provide information and analysis ad hoc for various stakeholders and to MarCom for survey responses.
• Assist director with financial/budget analysis and reports, as needed.
Technology and Operations:
• Oversee the management and implementation of the admissions websites and the admitted student websites.
• Update and maintain the online application and HaasTracker (database).
• Manage development and implementation of CRM system and other technologies along with IT department.
• Oversee and provide technology support(database/application maintenance) and training for the unit
• Assist with operational aspects of the admissions process, such as reviewing applicants to determine prerequisite fulfillment, determining which candidates to interview, etc. Manage cohort assignments.
• Oversee Course Work Only and other special admission requests.
• Other projects and assignments as necessary for the successful functioning of the part-time and Executive MBA admissions office
• Prior marketing or recruiting experience and/or experience making admissions decisions; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated creativity, resourcefulness, initiative, and keen judgment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including public speaking skills
• Strong analytical skills and comfort with numbers; ability to interpret and synthesize large volumes of applicant information.
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines.
• Outstanding customer service focus and attention to detail.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as be an integral member of a team-oriented office
• Familiarity and comfort with software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
• Working some evenings and weekends for recruitment events is required.
• This position requires some local travel (about 10%). Access to a car is required.
• Bachelors degree and/or equivalent experience or training
• Experience working in a corporate environment.
• An understanding of various job industries and functions of MBA applicants.
• Familiarity with MBA programs and admissions selectivity of American business schools.
• Knowledge of database and CRM systems.
• MBA or equivalent graduate degree a plus
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt, full-time, one-year contract position will range up to $65,000 annually.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a one-year contract position.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open