Job Title: Associate Director of Admissions (4510U) # 16438
Job ID: 16438
Department: Haas School of Business
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 22, 2013
The Full-time MBA Admissions Office recruits, evaluates, and selects students for the Berkeley MBA Program through a highly selective admissions process reviewing almost 4,000 applications each year from around the world. The associate director will serve on the Admissions Committee and will review and evaluate applications, assist in the development and implementation of recruitment and/or yield strategies. The associate director may also represent the Berkeley MBA program at US and international outreach events.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
• Review and evaluate complex admission cases
• Prepare strategy and design for recruitment and/or yield programs
• Represent the Berkeley MBA program at domestic and international recruitment and/or yield events
• Evaluate effectiveness of admissions initiatives and make recommendations for enhanced admissions activities
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Advanced knowledge of graduate programs in management
• Knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of UC Berkeley and/or MBA Programs and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
• Comprehensive knowledge of business school programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs
• Advanced ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with companies, private educational advisors, and industry colleagues
• Advanced ability to develop recruitment programs, and design effective materials.
• Advanced skills to develop the programs strategic recruitment plans, designing outreach and recruitment programs and materials that will attract and enroll top candidates to the Full-time MBA Program.
• Exceptional interpersonal, public relations, public speaking, oral and written communication skills.
• Higher education admissions experience or business experience typical of an MBA graduate.
• MBA or Masters degree in related area
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this full-time, one-year contract positions will range betweeh $65,000 up to $75,000 plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
• This is a full-time, One Year Contract position. This position is classified as an Admissions/Recruitment Specialist 4.
• Up to 25% travel required (15% domestic/10% international); frequent evening and weekend hours required.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open