Job Title: Financial Analyst (7708U) #16486
Job ID: 16486
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Department: Haas School of Business
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date: Closed 10-23-13
The Haas School of Business is recruiting a part-time Financial Analyst.
The Financial Analyst reports to the Berkeley-Haas CFO for functional/technical direction and to the assigned unit director for day-to-day operational requests. This position is envisioned as one with 25% core responsibilities in the Finance Unit and 50% deployed responsibilities to help Berkeley-Haas supervisors/managers resolve long-standing financial issues such as financial reporting, contracts/grants funds clean-up, cleaning up blucard transactions, developing custom reports, or reconciling multiple-year revenue/expense transactions.
The position breaks down as follows:
25% Financial Team Support – custom report development for centers, institutes and small units, school-wide chart-string maintenance, updating Finance website monthly with chart-string and SAS115 information, etc.
50% Deployed Support – provide administrative and financial support to one or more units just starting or those with long-standing or temporary administrative/financial issues such as financial tracking, revenue/gift reconciliation, contract/grant issues, purchasing/procurement payment processes,
Haas School Overview:
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
• Applies professional concepts to perform basic financial or resource analysis to understand past performance and determine present and future performance and/or resource allocations.
• Under general supervision, provides analytical support for simple to moderate budget, financial or resource analysis projects.
Receives more detailed instructions for new assignments.
• Implements department budget allocations and maintains department chart of accounts, and related business processes.
• Gathers and analyzes financial and/or resource data; prepares and summarizes information and/or recommendations.
• Prepares basic financial and resource reports and/or analysis for internal department constituents.
Examples include periodic financial reports, staff/faculty salary budgets, contracts, grants, gifts, endowments, or user fees.
NOTE: Financial and/or resource analysis could include budgetary analysis, financial analysis, forecasts, projections, staff or faculty salary or FTE analysis, student enrollment analysis, recharge or general rate analysis (parking rates, copier rates, capital project rates, student health charges) student fees (self-supporting programs, professional school fees, course material fees, et cetera) contracts and grants analysis, endowment income, fungibility of funds, working capital, depreciation, new building funds, et cetera.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Has some knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
• Has ability to gather, organize, and perform basic financial analysis assignments.
• Requires ability to present information in a clear and concise manner both in writing and verbally.
• Must be proficient in use of Microsoft Office and common desktop/web applications.
• Has demonstrated ability to work well as a member of a team as well as independently
• Has demonstrated ability to juggle multiple assignments and priorities with minimal supervision
• Has demonstrated ability to work in the midst of change and ambiguity
• UCB Financial Mgmt Certification Program completion encouraged.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this 75% Part-time, Career position will be commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a 75% Part-time, Career position. This position is classified as a Financial Analyst 2.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open