Job Title: Haas Digital Program Manager
Job ID: 16573
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: September 11, 2013.
The Haas Digital group’s (within the Haas School of Business) mission is to seamlessly integrate on-campus and digital learning, offering high quality customized online and hybrid educational experiences for learners. Over the last year, Haas Digital has worked with a variety of faculty members, campus entities, and external partners to launch several online courses, utilizing the latest learning technologies. Future plans include enhancing the current student and alumni experience and developing new sources of revenue to leverage our brand and bring our content to new audiences around the world. Haas Digital is recruiting a handful of high caliber employees to join this exciting new initiative.
We are currently recruiting a Haas Digital Program Manager for a one-year fulltime contract position.
This position is critical to provide direction and accountability for the planning, organizing, and successful deployment of online course offerings and other related digital projects on a day to day basis. Sh/e will be the primary liaison for connecting students and faculty with technology partners and resources to enable a successful online experience. S/he will be responsible for assisting the Haas Digital Director and Associate Director in meeting operational objectives (short and long term) to meet the customized needs of various online course offerings, initiatives, and other related partnerships by working with diverse groups of people. S/he must work with a high degree of autonomy to ensure that the time line and details of each online/digital project are on track and being successfully executed.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
Applies professional Student Services concepts in providing a variety of student services to the student population served by the organization, and to faculty and management within that organization.
• Supports and facilitates communication between students, partners and Haas faculty to ensure that faculty members feel at ease and there is an on-going relationship that is mutually rewarding for everyone
• Collaborates with Haas program offices, Enterprise Computing and Service Management (ECSM), Berkeley Resource Center for Online Education (BRCOE), vendors and other pertinent partners to establish scope of work, goals, and requirements.
• Oversees the communication channels between all partners on a daily basis and coordinates/attends meetings to discuss, create development processes, and get action items completed.
• Determines and executes the time line of scheduling online courses’ dates, important orientations, demos, and other related events with all partners.
• Monitors the progress of the online courses to ensure a smooth transition and successful student experience for all Haas students.
Within an academic department/school/college or organization, provides student services in the following areas: all student services related to online courses.
• S/he will be responsible for putting together best practices related to the different online/digital projects and helping to standardize common processes and protocols in planning and executing online course offerings and initiatives. S/he will look to improve and enhance the systems, policies, and processes involved in launching different parts of the Haas Digital Strategy Plans by contributing information based off of online feature developments/ user experience, etc.
• S/he will provide administrative assistance with other academic responsibilities (e.g. research, consultation, organization, qualitative analyses) as seen needed in managing the complexities of the online/digital educational realm as it continues to develop and change to keep up to date with the top innovative institutions.
Course Scheduling: Reviews course requirements and student course progression, and advises department on scheduling needs.
• S/he will work with and provide assistance or clarity with/to Haas School of Business colleagues, faculty, students, and/or partners to sort out any complex issues or problems that arise during the initial, middle, and end of the course of an online course offerings or project
Student Orientation: Conducts orientations of new students.
Coordinates and implements non-complex student events and assists in the planning and implementation of complex events.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• At least 2 years of relevant experience in the development and deployment of online education programs/projects. Experience driving collaborative team projects involving other groups or organizations.
• Comprehensive project management skills and knowledge of complex project/program management and office tools.
• Strong ability to adapt to a fast paced and changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff at all levels of technological understanding.
• Reliability, a professional attitude, ability and willingness to work as part of a team to make each project/program’s outcome a success.
• Knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
• Knowledge of University-specific computer application programs and pertinent databases.
• Knowledge of University processes and procedures.
• Understanding of University rules and regulations.
• Interpersonal skills. Multicultural competencies; ability to work with diverse populations.
• Skills in service orientation, active listening, critical thinking.
• Ability in problem identification, reasoning.
• Ability to multi-task, verbal communication, written communication, organization.
• Experience in an online academic environment is a strong plus.
• Familiarity with business school programs (e.g. MBA, EE) desirable.
• Advanced degree in education or business desired
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this one-year full-time contract position will range up to $56,600 annually
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This full-time contract position is classified as a Student Services Adviser 2.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open