Job Title: Admissions Assistant
Job ID: 16636
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: September 26, 2013 & Continuously until the position is filled.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Part-time MBA Admissions office for the MBA Programs for Working Professionals are recruiting a temporary Admissions Assistant.
The Admissions Assistant provides clerical support to the Part-time MBA Admissions Office, for the Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA (EWMBA) and Berkeley MBA for Executives programs, with operational and administrative tasks, primarily application processing. This is a limited term, part-time position equal to 35 hours/week.
- Prepare over 1,000 application files for reader evaluation, documenting the results in the database, and notifying applicants of any missing materials
- Collect and process missing materials as received to complete files
- Scheduling of applicant interviews over the phone and using calendaring software
- Prepare admitted applicant files for Graduate Division approval
- Assist with telephone and email inquiries regarding the Evening & Weekend and Executive programs and admissions requirements
- Other administrative duties, including heavy filing and mailings, as needed
- Outstanding attention to detail
- High level of professionalism
- Related clerical/administrative experience in a professional business environment
- Demonstrated strong organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a high performance environment and meet deadlines
- Must have a high comfort level with technology, demonstrating proficiency with email, online scheduling, Microsoft Office (Access, Word and Excel).
- Experience managing highly confidential personal data as it relates to reading student applications
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience working with international and domestic transcripts
- Experience working in higher education and/or experience dealing with professional clientele
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this position will range between Step 1: $18.12 per hour up to Step 8: $21.11 per hour.
This position is for a limited term; beginning November 12, 2013 and ending June 13, 2014.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open