Job Title: Administrative Coordinator
Job ID: 16667
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Department: Haas Core Programs
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: October 3, 2013
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members supports these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Student Services Coordinator is responsible for providing students services, program administrative support, event planning, data analysis, business services and customer service.
This entry-level student services professional’s primary focus is to enhance the applicant and student experience by supporting the delivery of a wide variety of services to Part-time and Executive MBA applicants and students from initial inquiry through graduation.
The Student Services Coordinator is required to work nights and Saturdays on a regular basis and is required to travel in the local area on occasion.
• Manages facility and operational needs of the Program and Admissions Office (i.e., room reservations, facility access, orders security and janitorial services as needed) at Haas and off-site locations in the Bay Area
• Manages transportation services for students, including parking permit purchase and distribution, as well as daily bus shuttle service
• Manages the textbook ordering and distribution process to students, including coordinating logistics and storage of textbooks with textbook vendor
• Serves as primary liaison to Media Services on media needs (i.e., A/V equipment, videotape requests, online video posting)
• Works closely with vendors and Haas Business Services on order placement, purchasing, invoices and bill payment
• Applies specialized office software including Access. Applies somewhat complex Excel formulas, pivot tables, and similar functions. Compiles and arrays spreadsheets using subject-matter knowledge of the material to ensure data results are consistent with the nature of the data. Analyze data as requested.
Student and Admissions Services:
• Using knowledge of department policies, services, resources, and personnel, as well as academic requirements and procedures, serves as a resource and provides information and advice to students and all other parties interested in the MBA for Executives program and/or the Evening & Weekend MBA program
• Creates and manages the collection of student information and related materials especially for the production and publication of the student directories
• Maintains student Access database particularly in regard to student grades and address changes
• Manages the production and distribution of student grade letters
• Maintains program web pages and e-mail aliases
• Processes reimbursements for students on an as-needed basis
• Manages the master calendar for programs
• Coordinates events such as lunches and dinners
• Works closely with vendors providing catering and other goods
• Assists with admissions and academic programming including Information Sessions, Admit Receptions, Orientation, Graduation, Mid-Program Academic Retreat, and Elective Nights
• Assists faculty with requests
• Manages collection of grades from instructors
• Manages the online presentation of course syllabi
• Distributes and maintains class registration lists and face pages for faculty
• Experience working with diverse and demanding stakeholders, especially mid-career professionals
• Demonstrated outstanding organizational, written and oral communications skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated excellent skills in Microsoft Office, especially Access and Excel
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent judgment
• Basic knowledge of counseling techniques
• Basic knowledge of MBA program coursework and requirements
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently as well as be an integral team member
• Must be able to work evenings and Saturdays
• Must be able to travel to the Silicon Valley on occasional Saturdays
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4 year university or college is a preferred qualification.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this career position will range between Step 1: $42,696 up to Step 8: $50,028 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This position is classified as a (_) Assistant III.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open