Job Title: Director of MBA for Executives Program (4576U) #17318
Job ID: 17318
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: February 6, 2014
Under general supervision of the Executive Director of MBA Programs for Working Professionals, the Director of MBA for Executives Program is responsible for the oversight, management and implementation of the MBA for Executives (EMBA) program, and will assist with admissions activities as needed. This position supervises the MBA for Executives Program staff.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
Applying advanced Academic and Student Services concepts, provides the most complex services to the organization's management, faculty and students.
• Serve as primary contact for about 140 MBA for Executives students. Respond to inquiries from students, faculty, MBA for Executives program staff, and other school and campus offices regarding program requirements and requests for assistance. Communicate regularly with students and faculty regarding program updates, events, scheduling, and other matters of importance.
• Develop strategic initiatives and ideas to enhance the student experience, both inside and outside of the classroom. These initiatives should include the development of technological solutions designed to improve the student experience.
• Oversee Academic Affairs activities related to program. Academic Affairs staff provides academic advising to students regarding curriculum, course scheduling, electives, degree requirements and University, School, and program policies; staff also performs degree verification audits for all graduating students. Director will oversee monitoring of students’ progress through the program.
• Maintain relations with the University’s graduate division and all other central campus units that provide academic and student services,
• Administer the alumni auditing program.
• Oversee the planning and development of all aspects of orientation and graduation; plan and coordinate workshops, field trips, and guest speakers that support the curricular goals of the program. Coordinate off-site courses, immersion week courses and international study trips, as needed.
• Create and implement new and exciting extracurricular activities to enhance the academic and student experience.
• Serve as advisor and mentor to student leadership officers. Actively engage with students and participate in student activities.
• Maintain comprehensive understanding of University and School policies.
• Department/School/College Policies: Advises executive director and dean’s office on the formulation of MBA for Executives program policy by advising them on areas needing clarification and identifying solutions; analyzes the consequences of organization's academic policies and recommends new or changed policies; recommends solutions to organization's problems without precedent.
MANAGEMENT and OPERATIONS:
• Hire, train and supervise MBA for Executives program office staff.
• Oversee key operational aspects of the program. Liaise with school and campus departments and service providers including Career Services, Facilities, Computing, Media Services, Alumni Relations, Marketing, Library, Registrar’s Office, UC Health Services, Parking, and others.
• Advise faculty and students on new or changed policies or procedures and provide solutions for implementation of them.
• Work with Executive Director of MBA Programs for Working Professionals to staff courses and manage relationships with faculty and lecturers.
• Provide program information and statistical reports to Executive Director.
• Assist Executive Director with budget management.
RECRUITMENT AND ADMISSIONS
• Participate in admissions activities and support MBA for Working Professionals Admissions team. This may include reading applications, interviewing candidates, presenting at information sessions and other events, and engaging in yield activities.
• Assist with marketing and marketing research, including student evaluations and surveys and the development of marketing materials/publications as needed.
• Participate in professional organizations and engage with colleagues at other schools.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5 or more years of experience in higher education student services or admissions and/or relevant corporate experience (e.g., marketing, operations, recruiting) preferred.
• MBA or graduate degree preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
• Knowledge of University-specific computer application programs and knowledge of University and departmental principles and procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to likelihood and consequences.
• Skills in monitoring/assessing people, processes or services, to make improvements.
• Skills in project management, social perceptiveness to be aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
• Ability in problem identification, reasoning, ability to develop original ideas to solve problems, persuasion, leadership.
• In-depth knowledge of the field's post-degree employment opportunities and practices.
• Interpersonal skills. Multicultural competencies; ability to work with diverse populations. Customer service approach. Ability to be sensitive and use good judgment in counseling situations.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated effectiveness in public speaking.
• Strong organizational, problem solving, and project management skills. Flexibility and initiative in seeking service improvements and procedural efficiency.
• Proven ability to manage staff and be a good team player.
• Ability to work with objectivity and discretion in relating to students, faculty and staff.
• Ability to travel and represent program externally.
• Experience in higher education student services or admissions and/or relevant corporate experience (e.g., marketing, operations, recruiting) preferred.
• Experience working in education at the graduate level and/or experience working with professional, executive clientele preferred.
• Familiarity with MBA programs/students preferred.
• Experience working in a corporate environment and/or an understanding of industries and functions of MBA applicants preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Word, Excel, and Access (preferred).
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends when class is in session and for special events such as Graduation.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this full-time career Student Services Advisor 4 position will range between $51,000 annually up to $100,000 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This full-time Career position spends 10% of the time traveling locally/domestically and approximately 2% time traveling internationally.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open