Job Title: Associate Director of Admissions (4510U) #17758
Job ID: 17758
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: May 8, 2014
The Full-time MBA Admissions Office (FT MBA) recruits, evaluates, and selects students for the Berkeley MBA Program through a highly selective admissions process reviewing approximately 4,000 applications each year from around the world.
The Associate Director of Admissions position involves developing and implementing programs for student outreach, recruitment, and admissions for the Full-time MBA Program; and educating the public about admissions requirements, policies, and processes.
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
Assists management in the design and implementation of admissions programs
Assists in the design, planning and implementation of interview evaluation; manages all student and alumni interviewers; leads Super Saturday interview event
Prepares strategy and plans for alumni volunteer recruitment and management (Worldwide Alumni Volunteer Effort).
Reviews most difficult and complex admissions cases, provides assistance to experienced admissions specialists.
Evaluates effectiveness of admissions and/or recruitment programs and makes recommendations for recruitment strategy to enhance yield; develops and recommends communications strategy for promoting FT MBA Program.
Represents Haas School of Business both domestically and internationally, and provides guidance to other admissions officers in analysis and admission review of US and international candidates
Evaluates and recommends fellowship and scholarship awards for admitted applicants.
• Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Advanced knowledge of graduate management programs in the US and internationally
• Advanced knowledge of project management including program design, implementation, and evaluation.
• Advanced knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of UC Berkeley and MBA Programs;, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective students and the public.
• Advanced and comprehensive knowledge of Business School programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs, at MBA Programs generally, and at UC Berkeley.
• Advanced knowledge of tertiary level foreign credentials, the knowledge of major educational systems of the world.
• Advanced ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with companies, private educational advisors, and industry colleagues
• Advanced ability to develop recruitment programs, and design effective materials.
• Advanced skills to develop the school's/college's strategic recruitment plans, designing outreach and recruitment programs and materials that will attract and enroll top candidates to the Fulll-time MBA Program.
• Exceptional interpersonal, public relations, public speaking, oral and written communication skills.
• Advanced knowledge of admissions requirements for the Full-time MBA Program.
• Master’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training;
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt, full-time, career position will range between $57,000 annually up to $84,600 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is an exempt, fulltime career position which is classified as an Admissions Recruitment Specialist 4.
Approximately 20% of work time requires local, domestic or international travel.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see:
As of January 1, 2014 the University of California, Berkeley is a smoke and tobacco free workplace. Information about our Smoke and Tobacco Free policy is available at:
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open