Job Title: MBA Admissions - Technology Marketing Specialist (4508U) #17942
Job ID: 17942
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department : Haas Core Programs
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: June 4, 2014
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
The Technology Marketing Specialist position resides within the Full-time MBA Admissions Office which recruits, evaluates, and selects students for the Berkeley MBA Program through a highly selective admissions process reviewing approximately 4,000 applications each year from around the world. Read more about the Full-time MBA Admissions office at http://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/
• Provides information about UC Berkeley’s Full-time MBA Program to prospective and admitted students.
• Oversee the planning and execution of all prospective student, applicant, and admitted student communication in coordination with supervisor and Admissions Committee.
• Coordinate the Full-time MBA admissions communications calendar.
• Prepare and send bulk email via Hubspot as directed and as part of the admissions communication plan.
• Prioritize work and train staff on communication systems including Salesforce, WebEx, Hobsons, Hubspot, social media and others.
• Enhances outreach to prospective and recent admits using social media tools such as Facebook and Linked In.
• Prepare and send feedback surveys as directed.
In collaboration with Haas Technology Team (HCS) and Marketing & Communications Office, participate in the development and/or maintenance of technology systems including Salesforce, WebEx, Hobsons, and Hubspot. Assist in revision of technology operating procedures and guidelines.
Exercises professional judgment in researching complex technology vendor concerns.
Responds to inquiries from prospective students regarding entrance requirements, application procedures, financial aid availability, housing alternatives, etc.
Maintain and update the Full-time MBA prospective and new admit websites in coordination with supervisor, Marketing & Communications and related parties.
• Under direction and guidance, implements aspects of events to enhance recruitment and yield.
• Under guidance of Haas Computing Services (HCS) and Marketing & Communications Office prepares reports or analyses of recruitment activities, as well as evaluation of current and proposed communication strategies.
• Create and use database queries to provide reports, information and analysis when requested.
• Develop and maintain data management guidelines to assess the needs of the department to enhance recruitment and yield.
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Knowledge and experience working with a diverse student population.
• Working knowledge of UC Berkeley, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to prospective applicants and the public.
• Working knowledge of academic programs, including curricula, admissions requirements, and financial aid programs at UC Berkeley.
• Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with schools, universities, community organizations and other institutions.
• Working knowledge of admissions requirements for campus/school/college.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Familiarity or experience with Hubspot, Salesforce, or other CRM software, preferred.
• Familiarity or experience with Social Media (Facebook, Linked In, Twitter), preferred.
This fulltime career position is classified as a Admissions Recruitment Specialist 2.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see:
As of January 1, 2014 the University of California, Berkeley is a smoke and tobacco free workplace. Information about our Smoke and Tobacco Free policy is available at:
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open