Job Title: Associate Director, Lester Center for Entrepreneurship (0378U) #17974
Job ID: 17974
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
The Haas School’s Lester Center for Entrepreneurship is internationally recognized for providing leading edge entrepreneurship education and scholarly research in innovation.
The Associate Director will have primary responsibility of assisting the Executive Director in alumni relations, and the development, management, and oversight of extra - curricular student programs, including experiential learning programs, and fund raising under the umbrella of the Lester Center. This includes programs in social entrepreneurship. The incumbent will work closely with the Center’s Executive Director and Faculty Director, the Faculty Director and Executive Directors of the Institute of Business Innovation, and the Haas School’s Senior Assistant Dean for Instruction to support curricular and research activities.
To read about the Lester Center for Entrepreneurship please visit: http://entrepreneurship.berkeley.edu/
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
Directs and administers independent programs with complete administrative and programmatic responsibility.
Facilitates efforts of various departments, managers and outside constituencies to ensure interdisciplinary collaboration.
Identifies and pursues funding opportunities and revenue streams.
Participates in the program budgeting and accounting processes to support financial infrastructure of program.
Manages financial and HR resources.
Assesses program's effectiveness, and recommends changes to program's content, policies and procedures accordingly.
Serves on committees representing the program, participating in short term and long term planning.
Assists in developing research, participates in professional conferences and provides public relations support.
• Master's Degree plus a minimum of 7 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience related to the delivery of superior services and programs in higher education or the corporate sector related to entrepreneurship and innovation
• Expert knowledge of entrepreneurship and innovation and strong familiarity and a working knowledge of technology-based entrepreneurship, new venture financing, and regional entrepreneurship acceleration
• Demonstrated experience fundraising for academic or corporate programs
• Advanced program development, marketing, strategic planning, organizational development, and analytical/problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively network and build relationships with various internal and external constituencies
• Operational management skills including budgeting and financial planning
• Strong public speaking skills; ability to present strong and persuasive oral and written communications to effectively work with internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to relate to student populations similar to ours at Haas.
• Success in leading high-performance teams
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this exempt position will range between $80,100 annually up to $118,900 annually plus benefits.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This position spends around 5% time traveling locally or domestically.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see:
As of January 1, 2014 the University of California, Berkeley is a smoke and tobacco free workplace. Information about our Smoke and Tobacco Free policy is available at:
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open