Job Title: Agile Transformation Leadership Consultant (7399U) #18048
Job ID: 18048
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Department: Haas Core Programs
Application Review Date: The First Review Date for this job is: June 24, 2014
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work.
To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html
Berkeley-Haas’ Enterprise Computing & Service Management (ECSM) department benefits from a unique, organization-spanning view of the business school’s opportunities and challenges. The Agile Transformation Leadership Consultant will use this vantage point and his/her leadership experience, business acumen, and technical skills to lead the service-centric transformation of ECSM as we tailor and adopt an Agile framework to deliver strategic outcomes across our enterprise.
The Agile Transformation Leadership Consultant will improve institutional performance by assessing organizational capabilities and strategic opportunities and delivering organizational development solutions including process optimization, strategic planning, and change leadership. S/he collaborates with and is accountable to ECSM leadership for developing, communicating, and leading the ECSM service-centric delivery transformation utilizing Agile practices. S/he will analyze current organizational purpose, structure, relationships, policies, systems, processes, and data to recommend/facilitate improvements ensuring alignment with organizational strategy.
The ideal candidate is a talented analytical thinker and inspirational change leader with outstanding facilitation, team building, stakeholder engagement, and conflict resolution skills at the enterprise, organization, program, and project levels. Key to your success is the ability to lead transformational organization change in a distributed decision-making environment where influence and not direction is an analogue for success.
Business experience and acumen
• Management consulting or equivalent experience leading strategic engagements from inception to conclusion
• Expertise in working with people from different cultures, groups, levels of professional experience, and varieties of technical expertise.
• Demonstrated ability to quickly master new topics and thereby engage experts by means of reasoning, synthesizing and generalizing based on context and specific insights
• Ability to focus yourself and those around you on priorities, effectively tabling efforts not tied to strategic goals
• Thorough knowledge of campus processes, protocols and procedures
• Advanced knowledge of the organizational development and effectiveness field including theories and models to assess, design and implement customized, strategic organizational interventions that deliver material performance improvements
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, project planning, change leadership, and implementation skills
• Sound judgment skills with the ability to reach fact-based, unbiased conclusions in an environment characterized by a high degree of ambiguity
• Transformational Lean, Agile, or ITIL service management experience in a higher-education technology organization is a plus
Leadership and communication skills
• Demonstrated track record of success leading transformational organization change in a distributed decision-making environment
• Ability to consult and influence at the enterprise, organization, program, and project levels
• Superlative relationship, engagement, communication, facilitation, team building, presentation, persuasion, and conflict resolution skills
• Extensive experience delivering guidance, coaching, and education across a broad range of talents and domains
• Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes
• Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality
• Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Advanced and/or business degree preferred.
Licenses or certifications:
• Certified Agile scrum master, coach, or professional preferred.
Salary & Benefits
The salary for this full-time, exempt contract position will be commensurate with experience.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please see:
HOW TO APPLY:
UC Berkeley has an online applicant website and no longer accepts applications via mail.
We require applicants to submit a cover letter and resume when applying for this position.
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, please visit http://jobs.berkeley.edu
Haas School Staff Positions Currently Open