Recognition & Awards
The Haas School allows supervisors, managers, and other campus individuals to recognize special achievements by nominating employees for
- A Haas HEART Award
- Staff Appreciation and Recognition (STAR) Plan
The STAR Plan includes:
- Spot Awards
- Achievement Awards
Criteria for Heart Award Nomination
Employees may be nominated for by their supervisors, customers, or colleagues. These awards let employees know that someone has noticed their outstanding work. At the same time, it recognizes and reinforces the behaviors and values that are important at UC Berkeley. Nominees should meet the following criteria in their day-to-day work performance:
- Collaboration – demonstrates outstanding teamwork in the achievement of campus or department objectives
- Inclusion – significantly furthers diversity goals and/or makes a major contribution in promoting an inclusive work environment
- Initiative – demonstrates extraordinary resourcefulness and the ability to act and make sound decisions without direction from others
- Results-oriented – goes the extra mile to meet a critical deadline or deliverable
- Service – provides inspired service to students, faculty, staff or the public that goes beyond what is expected
- Stewardship – implements a process or takes some action which significantly reduces risk on campus (e.g., making information for decision-making more accessible, reliable, consistent, and secure; supporting continuity planning or emergency preparedness; etc.)
Heart Awards Nominations
Represented Employees in career, contract or limited term positions, may be nominated for the Haas HEART Award. The winners receive a non-monetary gift.
Employees may be nominated by their supervisors, customers or colleagues.
Click Heart Nomination Form to download our 2013 form.
You can submit an Achievement or Spot Nomination by clicking on this link: http://hrweb.berkeley.edu/compensation/recognition/nomination-form
Questions? Please contact Denise Boyd