Training & Development for Haas Supervisors & Managers
Customized Training for Haas Supervisors and Managers with Theme Experts
These training programs are tailored to Haas supervisors and managers’ needs and context. They are developed and presented by theme experts and aim at providing knowledge and skills that will support Haas supervisors and managers during the implementation of the strategic plan and other school initiatives.
UC Berkeley Center for Executive Education (CEE) Customized Programs for Haas Supervisors and Managers
UC Berkeley’s Center for Executive Education (CEE) offers a portfolio of programs designed by and taught in collaboration with leading Haas faculty. As needed, we engage the center to develop customized programs that address Haas’s organizational goals.
2013 Customized Training: Topic and date to be announced soon.
2012 Customized Training: Coaching for Performance and Development
This skill development program was offered as one of the school-wide responses to our engagement survey results. It prepared Haas supervisors and managers for career development and performance management conversations with their staff. Participants...
- Learned the differences between coaching for performance and coaching for development,
- Learned how to prepare for a coaching conversation,
- Learned and used a coaching model, and
- Practiced and prepared to give both positive and constructive feedback.
2011 Customized Training: Change Implementation
The first of the customized training program addressed change implementation. The program was designed to respond to supervisors and managers’ challenges in implementing and support changes in their units, at Haas and at the campus level.
2011 Program: Haas' Managers Boot Camp
Taught by Haas’ faculty, this program provided tools that had the potential to immediately enhance our managers' ability to lead effectively. Participants learned how to...
- Engage and inspire others
- Prioritize and make quality decisions
- Navigate Haas and UC Berkeley’s unique power structure to get things done
- Master the art of personal, group, and remote communications