Job Title: Assistant Director, MBA for Executives Program (4574U) #22923
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Haas Core Programs
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Data
The First Review Date for this job is: March 22, 2017
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work. To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html.
Provides Student Services within the EMBA Program:
- Manage the core curriculum registration process for all EMBA students including course set up and batch enrollment.
- Key contact/resource for students and internal Haas clients on questions
related to core curriculum, registration, program requirements and other requests for information.
- Manage academic progress for all EMBA students including term GPA.
- Assist Associate Director and Director with additional student services projects as requested.
- Liaise with other Haas programs (namely FT, EWMBA, MFE) student
services staff to understand cross-over offerings and/or student activities open to EMBA students.
- Liaise with Admissions counterpart to support transition from admitted student to enrolled student including managing new student survey, sending communications, managing course material delivery, and answering student questions.
Assists with the coordination of EMBA's various events such as immersion weeks, networking events, Pre-Term, Orientation and Graduation:
- Event assistance for immersion weeks includes coordinating syllabi, academic facilities, logistics with faculty and GSIs, evaluations, other academic logistics, and other assistance as requested.
- Event assistance for various events including Orientation and Graduation.
- Plans and executes Pre-Term Workshop for incoming students including faculty recruitment and scheduling, course materials, and coordination with Student Experience staff to arrange hotels and meals.
Assists with Academic Planning within the EMBA Program, including:
- Course material: responsible for acquiring all course materials and working with vendors to coordinate orders for each class.
- Contact for faculty on course issues and needs.
- Partners with admissions team on scheduling class visits.
- Creates and presents TIES (course evaluation) summaries after each term to apprise Director of faculty performance and student feedback.
Provide Academic Advising for EMBA students, including:
- Advise students on academic and degree progress.
- Assist students with alternative academic options, resolving scheduling conflicts, and other similar issues.
- Provide information to students and faculty regarding campus policies and procedures on student conduct.
- Database maintenance: maintain and update all student databases, generates and analyzes reports accordingly.
- Experience working with high profile customers and/or with an organization which provides a high-end service or product.
- Knowledge and experience working with diverse populations; multicultural competencies.
- Working knowledge of university settings, and the ability to interpret policies and procedures to students.
- Ability to maintain cooperative relationships with other departments, programs, universities, community organizations and other institutions.
- Outstanding customer service focus and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal supervision. Must be able to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain professionalism with stakeholders under stressful situations.
- The successful candidate must have a high comfort level with technology, demonstrating proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Access and comfort working with CRM systems.
- Skills in service orientation, active listening, critical thinking.
- Ability in problem identification, reasoning.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Previous work experience in student service with an academic focus helpful but not essential.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to work certain evenings and weekends with occasional travel.
- Successful completion of a background.
- Knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
- Knowledge of University-specific computer application programs and pertinent databases.
- Knowledge of University processes and procedures.
- Understanding of University rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of HTML and Dreamweaver.
Salary & Benefits
Range $40,000 - $63,000.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: