Operations & Development Assistant
Job Title: Operations & Development Assistant (4722C) #22962
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Fisher Center for Real Estate and Urban Economics
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley's culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html
Application Review Data
The First Review Date for this job is: March 28, 2017
The Haas School of Business develops innovative leaders - individuals who redefine how we do business. Berkeley-Haas, the second oldest business school in the United States, educates 2,200 students each year in six degree-granting programs, and hundreds more through executive education programs. A team of 300 staff members support these students, faculty and alumni through work in areas that include Admissions, Student Services, Career Management, Administration, and Development.
Berkeley-Haas offers opportunities to champion new ideas, collaborate across boundaries, and learn continually. Our culture is captured by Four Defining Principles (Question the Status Quo, Confidence Without Attitude, Students Always and Beyond Yourself) that distinguish Berkeley-Haas as a place to learn—and a place to work. To learn more about the Haas School visit: http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/haas/about/employment.html.
Front Office Management, Operations &Department Support:
- Provides front-line customer service for high-level research center and answers inquiries from all sources including faculty, staff, high-level business leaders, donors, alumni, students, the public, and the media.
- Investigates issues and problems and responds to urgent requests.
- Responds to inquiries presented by staff, faculty, students and external constituents regarding center operations, policies and procedures.
- Triages situations and forwards to appropriate staff members for resolution.
- Provides administrative support for faculty co-chairs, as needed.
- Ongoing management and oversight of FCREUE website. Coordinates with FCREUE leadership, Haas School Marketing Group, Haas Computing Services to explore options for improving FCREUE's web presence and visibility.
- Monitors departmental email, analyzes requests, obtains information, and responds to inquiries.
- Oversees and ensures that daily administrative operations run smoothly for the department (FCREUE). Participates in developing and implementing effective systems for managing information, projects, and communications to ensure accurate and timely responses.
- Implements related business processes (such as answering telephone, taking messages, greeting visitors, signing for and routing packages, providing directions to guests).
- Oversees material acquisition and management, updates and maintains department resource database, inventory control, equipment insurance files and key records.
- Coordinates equipment and computer maintenance and repair.
- Manages conference room and meeting scheduling.
- Serves on building Safety Committee and coordinates emergency preparedness for department.
- Maintains up to date desk manual for all assigned duties.
- Processes financial transactions in online financial systems. Coordinates with FCREUE's finance team, Haas School of Business and others to ensure that all processes are handled efficiently and in accordance with federal, state and university requirements.
- Researches, obtains bids and sources for major equipment, general research and office supply purchases.
- May serve as blu card holder for the unit.
- Maintains transaction records, pending files and internal tracking logs in compliance with University and department policies and procedures.
Executive Level Support and Development Program Assistance:
- Functions as a gatekeeper with a deep understanding of the demands and requirements of FCREUE's Fundraising unit in order to prioritize issues
- Employs discretion and diplomacy in working with high level stakeholders on sensitive issues.
- May serve as primary calendaring and administrative support for the PAB Executive Director, as needed.
- Provides administrative support for collaborative academic initiatives with other campus research entities, industry organizations and public policy groups.
- Assists in preparation of research correspondence including proposals, project scopes, time-lines, status reports.
- Researches, compiles and summarizes issues, policies and topics; provides background information, talking points and briefing materials; drafts and prepares responses.
- Serves as a representative of FCREUE in communications with diverse audiences including faculty, staff, members, prospective members, volunteers, alumni, students, and the public.
- Assists with maintenance and updates of donor database and files of board members and prospective donors (back up capacity).
- Maintains, updates and monitors complex and dynamic registration database for all PAB meetings.
- Assists with preparation of board meeting materials, correspondence, group mailings, faxes, and e-mails to board members (donors), their representatives and guests for several multi-day meetings annually.
- Travels to and attends meetings to provide off-site logistical support.
- Organizes adhoc and regular committees appointment by the Director and FCREUE's Board of Directors, coordinating related meeting and event logistics.
- Manage or assist with special projects of varying complexity as needed
- Three to five years of related office experience preferably in a higher education and/or research environment.
- Experience supporting multiple high-level executives, general administrative support, accounts payable, and solving day-to-day operational problems.
- Analytical/problem-solving skills, detail-oriented.
- Ability working independently with minimal supervision and as a team member.
- Project management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage several projects with competing deadlines concurrently and in a dynamic environment with interruptions.
- Strong service orientation, excellent customer service.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the campus community, both verbally and in writing. Proficiency in "business" English.
- Ability to interact with diverse groups pleasantly and efficiently.
- Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of calendaring applications, and MS Office Suite.
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new computer programs and accounting systems, and operation of computer/office equipment.
- Ability to travel overnight for off-site meetings
Professional work manner, good attendance and reliability.
- Knowledge of common campus-specific and other computer application programs.
- Experience with purchasing policies and procedures in a university environment.
- Knowledge of website maintenance
- Flexibility and openness to change and good sense of humor.
Salary & Benefits
Range $40,000 - $55,000.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit the cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: