MEDIA ADVISORY FOR NOV. 9, 2007
ATTENTION: Business and accounting reporters and editors
UC Berkeley to Host 18th Annual Conference on Financial Reporting
The Center for Financial Reporting and Management at the University of California, Berkeley's Haas School of Business is hosting its 18th annual conference on current issues in corporate financial reporting. The conference will draw accounting standard setters, enforcement officials, corporate financial executives, and professional and academic accountants.
Haas School Dean Tom Campbell will announce the recipient of the 2007 Berkeley Award for Distinguished Contributions to Financial Reporting during the lunch presentations.
November 9, 2007, 8:15 am to 4:45 pm
San Francisco Airport Marriott Hotel
- Conrad Hewitt, Chief Accountant, US Securities and Exchange Commission, will present the opening address at 8:30 a.m.
- James Ratley, President of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, will give the lunch keynote at 1:30 p.m.
- Lawrence Smith of the Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Anthony Cope of the International Accounting Standards Board
- Bill Gradison of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board
For more information or to register, go to http://groups.haas.berkeley.edu/accounting/conferences&programs/
Representatives of the media are invited to attend the discussions free of charge. Contact Ute Frey at the Haas School at (510) 642-0342 or at email@example.com.