Berkeley Digital Media Conference to Explore the Digital Lifestyle
October 14, 2008
Ute S. Frey
UC Berkeley Haas School of Business
>play, the Berkeley Digital Media Conference at the University of California, Berkeley's Haas School of Business, brings together creative professionals, industry leaders, and students to discuss the emergence and implications of the digital lifestyle. The theme for the 2008 >play conference is “Disruption: Changes in the Media Economy.” The 2008 Expo will feature demonstrations of digital media innovations and new products.
This fourth annual conference is organized by Berkeley MBA students and is hosted by the Berkeley Digital Media and Entertainment Club at UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business.
8:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday, November 15, 2008
Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
* Biz Stone
Co-founder and Creative Director
* Shane Kim
Corporate Vice President of Strategy and Business Development, Interactive Entertainment Business,
Panel discussions will include:
- The Hundred Year Storm: Disruption in telecom caused by revolutionary services and bold startups
- Brands that Break Through: The transition to digital media advertising from the perspective of agencies and brands
- Digital Sports Age: The deeper engagement between fans, athletes, and sports teams through digital media
- Feed the Starving Artist!: The impact of the Internet on how artists create, distribute, and monetize their art
- New Perspectives on TV: Changes in the customer experience with the consumption of streaming and downloadable media
For more information, please go to www.playconference.org.
Representatives from the media are welcome to attend free of charge. To RSVP or for more information, please contact Ute S. Frey at the Haas School of Business at 510-642-0342 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.