Media Advisory: Real estate, finance, and economics reporters and editors
April 3, 2009
Haas School of Business Media Contacts:
14th Annual Fisher Center Real Estate Conference
Features UC Berkeley Business Professors and Top Industry Leaders
The Fisher Center Real Estate and Urban Economics at the University of California, Berkeley’s Haas School of Business presents its 14th annual real estate conference.
Professor Robert Edelstein’s real estate and economic forecast will investigate when the recovery will occur, which sectors will do best, and whether the current planned fiscal and monetary stimulus package is the correct medicine for fixing the US economy in general and the real estate markets in particular. Panel sessions will discuss how the economy and real estate industry are being affected by failing housing markets, the sub-prime crisis, demographics, and environmental issues.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Westin St. Francis Hotel, 335 Powell Street, San Francisco
Outstanding speakers and panelists on the economy, real estate, technology, and finance include:
- Keynote: Robert H. Edelstein, Professor and Co-Chair, Fisher Center for Real Estate & Urban Economics
- James G. Lasher, Senior Portfolio Manager, Real Estate Housing Program, CalPERS
- Kevin A. Shields, President, Griffin Capital Corporation
- Robert H. Zerbst, Chairman, CB Richard Ellis Investors
- Haas School Professors Nancy Wallace, James Wilcox, and Tom Davidoff
Reporters are welcome to attend free of charge. Please contact Pamela Tom or Ute Frey to RSVP.
For more details about the conference, go to