Courtyard Renovation Project
Our vision is to create an inviting and functional environment where students, faculty, staff, and visitors from across campus and beyond gather and share ideas that contribute to the fulfillment of our educational mission: to develop leaders who redefine how we do business.
- Uninterrupted space in the main
section of the courtyard, created by
removal of the raised planting beds.
Some of the trees being removed
will be replanted at UC Berkeley's
Richmond Field Station.
- Furniture and landscaping that
allow for more flexible arrangements
for events and activities.
- New 30-foot October Glory maple
trees named for their vibrant colors,
particularly during the fall.
- A colorful walking surface made
of concrete and stone pavers.
- A large trellis with wisteria along
the east side of Cheit Hall.
- Construction is scheduled for December 2012 - April 2013.
- All building entrances to and from the courtyard will be closed during the renovation.
- The first few weeks will be the noisiest and most disruptive.
- Crews will be working on weekdays from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, and on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm.
This project is funded in its entirety by donations from alumni and friends of the Haas School.
Questions or concerns? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.