For New Admits

Evening & Weekend Berkeley MBA Program

Frequently Asked Questions

Accepting Your Offer of Admission and Other Administrative Issues

How do I accept my offer of admission?

Once you receive your formal admission email from the Admissions Office, you can then formally accept your offer of admission to attend UC Berkeley’s Evening & Weekend MBA Program.

To accept your offer of admission, login to your application status page using the login and password you created for your online application for admission.

I’ve accepted my offer of admission. What happens next?

The next steps include paying your $1500 non-refundable deposit*.

*Please note, there will be an additional 2.75% fee charged for those paying their deposit by credit card.

Using your CalNet ID, log in to CalCentral. CalCentral is UC Berkeley's student dashboard where you will pay your deposit.

Prior to the program starting, you will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to establish your Haas username, password, and email.

You'll also want to connect with your classmates by attending the Welcome Reception!

There are other things you will need to do to get ready for Haas in the fall. Review the new admit checklist to ensure you are aware of all upcoming due dates and events.

Please be assured that you will NOT be required to enroll for classes before Orientation. Since your first semester courses are required courses, you will be assigned to a cohort and be enrolled in your fall classes automatically.

How do I keep track of all of the things that I need to do before coming to Haas?

Please refer to your admission email for a checklist with dates and deadlines specific to you. You may also refer to the online checklist and the EWMBA logins and passwords.

When do I have to send in my deposit?

The deposit deadline varies by admission date and will be indicated on your admission email and on your status page.

When do I register/enroll for classes?

Incoming students are automatically registered for their first semester of classes.

When do classes begin?

There is a mandatory new student orientation from July 27-29, 2018.

The first day of class will depend on your cohort assignment.
Evening cohorts: Monday, July 30, 2018 or Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Weekend cohort: Saturday, August 11, 2018

Who do I talk to about my class selection and course schedule?

Contact your advisor, which is assigned by last name.

A-G: Avni Kansara
H-O: Amanda Gill
P-Z: Fred Smith

Avni Kansara
Associate Director

Amanda Gill
Associate Director

Fred Smith
Associate Director

Who do I talk to about Orientation, student clubs, facebook, name changes, certificate programs, and/or summer signup?

Please contact the EWMBA Program Office.

When do I take waiver exams for core courses, and how can I prepare?

During the summer, waiver exams will be given for Economics for Business Decision Making (Microeconomics), Marketing and Data & Decisions (Quantitative). In the winter, waiver exams will be given for Macroeconomics, Financial Reporting (Accounting) and Introduction to Finance. Waiver exams are given prior to the beginning of each semester for all of the courses offered that semester. Some courses are eligible for automatic waiver. Review the Waiver Exam Policy closely.

Contact the EWMBA Program Office at (510) 643-9000 for more information.

Where can I access the current student website?

When do I have access to the Career Network?

New students will receive access to CareerNet after WE Launch (Orienation) weekend.

My email and/or phone number has changed, who should I contact?

The best way is to email

When can I get my parking permit, Cal 1 card and AC Transit bus pass?

You can obtain your parking permit and Cal 1 card at WE Launch weekend (if you submit your photo online -- watch your email for more info!). You can get free access to AC Transit via a special Clipper Card issued by the Cal 1 Card office - more info on this will also come via email over the summer!

Is there a phone directory for important UCB contacts?

See contacts.

I noticed that there is an error on the website. Who do I contact?

Report any problems with this website to

If I have further questions, who should I ask?

If you have any further questions, please contact admissions directly at (510) 642-0292.

[Back to top]


Connect with Students and Alumni

Where do I find more information about Student Groups, and who to contact?

Please visit this page for a listing of Student Groups.

How can I meet and/or connect with current admitted students?

Hopefully, you can attend the Welcome Reception. Also, request to join the EWMBA - Class of 2021 Facebook group. Your request will be approved within 24-48 hours, Mon-Fri.

How can I meet and/or connect with alumni or current students?

The Admissions Office is happy to conenct you with alumni and students who can provide valuable insight about their Haas experiences. Email us at with information about where you live, your industry or field of interest, if you have kids, and/or your alma mater. We'll identify individuals who match your background.

[Back to top]



When will I find out which Evening cohort I am in? (M/W [Blue] vs. T/Th [Gold] vs Saturday [Axe and Oski])?

Final cohort assignments will be communicated to you via email in early July.

Can I make a request for a specific Evening cohort?

Yes, please fill out the F18 Cohort Request Google form by Thursday, June 21. Please be as detailed as possible regarding the nature of your schedule conflict. If the number of interested students exceeds capacity for a particular cohort, we will take your situation into account during the prioritization process. Late requests received after June 21 are much less likely to be accommodated. This is because we will be forming cohorts and study teams. This is a thoughtful process to ensure maximum diversity across a variety of dimensions. Once cohorts and study teams are formed, making changes while still ensuring diversity becomes challenging. We thank you in advance for your flexibility and understanding.

Who do I contact if I have an issue with or question about my assigned cohort?

If you do not remember which schedule option you selected when submitting your application - either Evening or Weekend - please contact the admissions office at

If you're happy to be placed in either cohort within that schedule option, then no action is required on your part.

Monday/Wednesday for Blue
Tuesday/Thursday for Gold

Saturdays (9AM- 6PM) for Axe
Saturdays (9AM- 6PM) for Oski

However, if you originally requested an Evening schedule option and now want to switch to the Weekend schedule option, or vice versa, please fill out the F18 Cohort Request Google form. Similarly, if you requested the Evening schedule option and want to request placement in a specific Evening cohort (Blue on M/W or Gold on T/TH), please fill out the F18 Cohort Request Google form (see FAQ above).

For additional questions, please contact Amanda Gill, Associate Director, at

[Back to top]


Computing Services

What kind of laptop computer should I buy?

A laptop is an essential tool for success in the program. The below link contains the recommended technical specifications that have been found to be the most effective. Should you have any further questions, please contact the Haas Helpdesk:

Laptop/Notebook PC Requirements

Incoming MBA Technology Solutions Resources

Can I use a Mac?

There are MBA students that use Macs, so you will be in plenty of company! However, Macintosh support from Haas Computer Services (HCS) is limited to Windows emulation (i.e. Windows using Parallels, Bootcamp). Windows can be obtained free of charge*. Best effort support provided for Mac printing and Mac office.
*Conditional upon MSDNAA agreement and license restrictions.

How and when do I have access to the computers on campus? Do I need to register for a login or pay a usage fee?

You will have access once classes begin. You will be able to login using your Haas credentials and you will receive a printing credit.

What is CalNet used for?

CalNet is used to access various campus services including university databases such as bearfacts (for bill payment) and airbears (campus wireless network), and to update contact information. Note this is separate from your Haas email account. When creating your CalNet ID we strongly recommend you use your Haas username as a guide. If your login is already taken, create a similar variation.

Who do I contact if I can't remember my CalNet ID or passphrase?

Please contact the Cal 1 Card Office at 510-642-4126 or by email at

[Back to top]



How do I apply for financial aid?

Financial Aid consists of many different types of aid. Complete information on loan options can be found on the Haas Financial Aid website. The website also links to other financial aid pages on how to apply for scholarships, VA Benefits, and other financing options.

When are fees due? How do I pay for my classes?

Fall fees are due in mid-August. Visit the financial aid website to learn more about how to pay.

Do I need to pay the semester tuition fees at one time? What kind of billing or payment options do I have?

In addition to paying the bill in full each semester, there is a Tuition and Fee Payment Plan.

[Back to top]


Health Care and Other Services

Is my family covered for health care?

No, EWMBA students are not enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). EWMBA students cannot opt-into SHIP.

What type of fitness facilities do you offer on campus? May spouses/significant others use these facilities?

The Cal Rec Club offers memberships to students, alumni, and members of the community. Spouses of students are also eligible. Please note access begins in mid-August.

[Back to top]



What kinds of opportunities are there for partners to get involved?

There are a variety of opportunities for partners to get involved including the Partners club, student clubs, conferences, and social functions.

[Back to top]